Add custom event to beersmith timer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warthaug

Reaction score
Is there a way to add a custom event to beersmiths timer? I.E. something not in the recipe (prepare equipment, etc).

Google + beersmith documentation hasn't revealed anything

Bryan

I'd encourage you to try out the Brewer's Friend 'Brew' method.
http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/mybrewing

Create a recipe, then brew it with the green brew button. That will build a list of brew day steps tailored to the recipe and process. You'll have to signup first to use that feature though. The list of steps is pretty universal, but eventually the system will allow them to be customized.

Is there a way to add a custom event to beersmiths timer? I.E. something not in the recipe (prepare equipment, etc).

Google + beersmith documentation hasn't revealed anything

Bryan

You can create an object for example, a Wort Chiller and have a timer for that item, just like we do for hops and other adjuncts. Technically it could be placed in the malts, hops, or misc sections. When I created my Wort Chiller item, i created it under the Misc section. I provided a time of 15 minutes left in the boil. The new brew timers really make this slick. Hope this helps.
Jimmay

You can create an object for example, a Wort Chiller and have a timer for that item, just like we do for hops and other adjuncts. Technically it could be placed in the malts, hops, or misc sections. When I created my Wort Chiller item, i created it under the Misc section. I provided a time of 15 minutes left in the boil. The new brew timers really make this slick. Hope this helps.
Jimmay

Jimmay.... You the Man! I have been trying to figure this out for about 2 months now. Thanks a bunch!!!

Back