Brew day buddy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewishowardm3

Reaction score
So I brewed a bourbon barrel beer yesterday with my bro in-law who was here for Xmas. This is the first time I have brewed with someone else.
What a fantastic way to brew especially when we both love brewing. Can't wait till summer to do some outside brewing. :)
Did anyone else brew with some one else this Xmas?

Sounds like a good way to brew. Some stimulating conversation can often make things more interesting. This is especially true if you have to sit an watch a pot boil.

Not sure what I'm going to do in a couple/few weeks, but my brew buddy has been NFL football every other Sunday.

I had one of my nephews here and he was SUPPOSED TO help me brew my last batch, but he sleeps late and I didn't feel like getting his butt out of bed just to watch me brew. Probably should have, but naaaaaah.

Only with my girlfriend but she's not trying to do anything helpful.

My brew buddy got a new job and I haven't seen him since. I guess OT trumps brewing. If he doesn't show his face soon, I'm gonna lay common law claim to his grain. I need my totes back :)

Brewing with brother in law and wife's friend's husband, along with other friends tomorrow. All have brewed a few batches but nothing like me. I usually brew alone. Looking forward to talking about brewing with people interested in it and sharing the experience. Hopefully I can pick up some ideas from them while they visit for Christmas.

I brew on my own and also Brew with my Brother. Our significant others are there as well but usually don't participate except in bottling. I prefer to brew with him, gives me someone to talk about the brew with. We're only doing extract but I sure as hell will need him to help with brewing all-grain.

I've brewed with my son. I think he only brewed with me out of respect. It was ok, some father and son bonding and I enjoyed it mostly but his heart wasn't in it. I've had a brewday with a friend and it was nice. I burnt some meat and his wife sent him with a yumy side dish, it was a chill day but nothing spectacular.

Honestly I prefer to brew alone or with my wife popping in and out "helping". Might be different if the brew buddy was like me. I'm not a perfectionist and don't want to brew with one, however I do have a solid routine with good practices and don't want to slack off them.

I brew with my wife probably 75% of the time. She takes control of the mash and of cleaning. It's been great for us and gives us good quality time together. We have a standing brew date every other Saturday.
My kids (6 and 9) handle almost all of our bottling. I'll typically have them bottle while I am cleaning, transferring, kegging, etc. They handle sanitization, priming and bottling on their own, I just cap the bottles. We do 1-2 gallons bottled per batch. They've done this for 5 batches and no infections or bombs yet. When I brew with friends, we usually end up drinking a little more than we should. ::hiccup::

Back