Flavor differences between wyeast and white labs blends?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReverseApacheMaster

Reaction score
Anybody have experience using multiple blends to know how different the end product is? Specifically I'm wondering about Roeselare and the wyeast lambic blend.

I'm contemplating doing something along the lines of Petrus aged pale and trying to figure out whether I really need to pick up Roeselare or if I could use the wyeast lambic blend and produce a similar flavor profile. I like the flavor in lambic the lambic blend makes. (I have a sour brown fermenting with some of it but it's only a few months old so it's too early to tell how the blend tastes with a different sort of malt bill.) I know the lambic blend has sherry flor and I believe it has more strains of brett than Roeselare (but may be wrong there).

If the flavors are noticeably different under similar circumstances then I'll grab Roeselare but if increasing oxygen exposure (slightly) will make the lambic blend taste like an aged pale or a flanders red then I'd like to keep using what I have.

Latest posts

Back