So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled Apfelwein last night. Brewed a 10 g Oatmeal Stout and started another batch of Skeeter Pee. Still have to bottle a 2 gal test porter. Now it's cleanup time.

Also made a Spent grain bread to go with the Homemade Bacon I smoked during the brew

It would've been cool to have made some cheese to go with that spent grain bread & fresh bacon. And a pale ale to go with it! :rockin:At least I got my #3 Burton ale in bottles last night,& it looks like my wife's summer ale will be bottled by the end of the week. 12 gallons of ale for Jesus' birthday!

Because if Jesus wasnt messing with grapes hed been making some beer. What can ya do when the timeline didnt start till after death anyway.... I guess they needed all the barley millet and letil to make bread.When it can clearly make beer!

I'm in for 6gal of a Fuller's ESB clone. Time to start brewing Christmas presents. I was planning a double dip with a Celebration clone, but probably won't have time so I'll save that for the day before Thanksgiving.

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

I have a chiller coming in the mail this week so I am going to break that in on a smoked brown porter. Using brown and bamberg, two malts I have not used before. Should be fun.

All of the contractors where I work are being furloughed the week of thanksgiving and the last 2 weeks of the year. So I will be using that time wisely and brewing. I got the starter going last night for my weekend brew of the "Furlough Pale Ale".

Gonna try EdWort's Bee Cave Brewery's Haus Pale Ale. Need a good, easy drinking beer when I don't feel I an IPA (which is rare when I think about it). But I like to have options.

Because if Jesus wasnt messing with grapes hed been making some beer. What can ya do when the timeline didnt start till after death anyway.... I guess they needed all the barley millet and letil to make bread.When it can clearly make beer!

Actually,they're now finding that fermented beer pre-dates raised bread by about 3,000 years! And beer has been made for about 9,500 some years that they've proven. So both beer & wine were on the table,especially in Egypt. Beer was common with meals there,& the pyramid builders were paid in beer. Little clay tablets worth "X" number of pitchers/vases of beer. Like the world's 1st ATM card,Flintstones style. Cool.
Anyway,it looks like my wife will likely be bottling her summer ale this weekend. Should be darn good when all is said & done.

Friday night I'm going to brew a porter. My friend Mike Porter has been asking me to make a porter for a while and name it after him, so......

Mike Porter.

Sweet Stout....

165 lb 2-row malt
15 lb Brit crystal 65 Lov
20 lb Brit chocolate malt
10 lb Carrafa III special roast malt 10 lb
10 lb flaked oats 10 lb
5 lb aromatic malt 5 lb
17 lb lactose

camiller said:
Sweet Stout....

165 lb 2-row malt
15 lb Brit crystal 65 Lov
20 lb Brit chocolate malt
10 lb Carrafa III special roast malt 10 lb
10 lb flaked oats 10 lb
5 lb aromatic malt 5 lb
17 lb lactose

Is that for like a 50 gal batch?

Have a new kit to try - a Rye PA. Sounds delicious.

I also took a vacation day on Friday so I can drive up to the Adirondacks, get 10 gallons of Long Lake water and drive back to brew a batch of Long Lake Brown.

I'm very excited.

Mashing BCS' ESB. I'll boil tomorrow, and possibly do a simple brown or porter, or simcoe iipa, or something else. I was never good at making decisions

Well, apparently i'm not good at reading labels either. Was supposed to use wlp002, but made my starter with wlp013. Guess its not too big of a blunder, it'll still make beer.

I have been brewing on Tuesdays lately. I brewed an Oakshire O'Dark clone yesterday and have a New Zealand Belgian IPA planned for next week.

Will be doing a monster of a stout. 90min mash, then a big sparge, boil the sparge runnings for a hour then boil the whole lot until desired gravity is met. Pitch S04 slurry, then add nutrient and some candi sugar after 3 days of fermentation are done. Then when fg is met it's onto some caol ila soaked oak chips I've had soaking for a couple of months.

That's the plan so far, still working on the malt and hop choices. Going for 12-14% abv

Brewing 5 gallons of Cream of Three Crops this weekend for sure. And possibly a Belgian Wit if I get some extra time on Sunday

I'm brewing a Guinness clone recipe from my LHBS on Saturday. It's my first batch without a kit (I've done four or so Brewers Best kits, including the brown ale currently in the secondary). I'm taking a small step into a big world.

Going to try my first gluten free recipe for my daughter who recently found out she is gluten intolerant and is bummed out she cannot drink any more beer.

I will be brewing a Barvarian Hefe, and I have a 5 gal batch of a Not So Red Ale thats hopped with an unknown hop that my friend had gave to me. All I can say that it smells floral. I used a about 5 huge handfuls a the end of the boil. Also kegged my coconut porter recipe. If anyone really like a really robust porter ejoyable I can send you the recipe to try. Trust me, it taste really good.

I'm brewing another 5 gallons of Red IPA. My wife, who samples a lot of beer, but NEVER has a whole glass, is going to polish off my last batch of it in no time.

Back