Best/most interesting blend you've ever had?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bovineblitz

Reaction score
Today I was at a bar with SWMBO and in front of us were sitting our glasses, one Stone Russian Imperial Stout and one Port Mongo (IIPA). We always share beer so we were going back and forth between the two unbelievably rich and delicious beers.

Well, tasting one after the other was so delicious that I asked the bartender to pour me a "black and tan" with those two beers as my next round. She gave me a pretty funny look but obliged me. It was FANTASTIC. If you've had Troegs Java Head, it reminded me a lot of that but an imperial version. We talked about it for hours afterwards, it was so good.

The bartender later told me that she'd recently had a De Ranke Saison blended with Racer X and that it was actually surprisingly good. I can't even imagine that one.

What are some of your more interesting blending experiences?

youngs luxury double chocolate stout with my VPA.
VPA is beautiful cascade hoppy Pale ale brewed with TF & sons Maris Oter and a touch of vienna.

it is what has spawned my interest in brewing a chocolate IPA.

I used to drink a layered beer with Magic Hat #9 and Guinness (aka a 'Black Magic,' as we used to call it)...pretty good. I also really like blending ciders with pale ales/IPA's...originally got the idea from drinking what I knew as a 'Snakebite' (yes, I know this also can refer to a wide variety of different blends depending on where you're from...); ie, a blend of sweet cider and a pale lager. I now prefer the cider/IPA blend so much that I've really considered brewing a hopped cider primarily...this fall I'll probably get a few extra gallons of cider and give it a try...

I want to say I once saw something on TV about a place that specialized in mixing different brews...for the life of me I can't remember where/when I saw it, or where the place was!

Latest posts

Back