Going AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedHouse

Reaction score
My last two extract beers were a bit on the pricey side. I did a Smoked Porter from a local shop that was $47, and I just brewed up the deception Cream Stout yesterday. That was up near $50 too. I have decided to go AG to save a few bucks, and for the satisfaction of doing the whole brew myself.

I already have a 32qt SS pot with a propane burner on a very sturdy stand that I welded up and do full 6.25g boils. I have a homemade wort chiller, and am getting my worts down to under 75° in about 15 minutes.

Seems like AG is my next step, and I am planning on turning an old 48 qt cooler into my MLT. I already have a few of the parts on hand, and hope to get it done by next weekend. I plan on batch sparging

I just downloaded Beersmith, and am trying to decide on my first AG beer. I have the smoked Porter and the Deception Stout in primaries now, so I'm thinking a Pale Ale or something along those lines.

Oh yeah..I forgot to ask my question:

I am looking to start out with a single stage mash....is there any style of beer that suits this better, or is it not really a big deal?

Oh yeah..I forgot to ask my question:

I am looking to start out with a single stage mash....is there any style of beer that suits this better, or is it not really a big deal?

You can pretty much make most, if not all, ales with a single infusion mash....

Thanks....looks like it will be an Irish Red Ale....based on wishes of SWMBO

Back