1st brewing session ever tonight!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto on the good luck. We'll talk to you again in 20 minutes when you forget something, or need last second advice. Or in an hour when you post an "Is my beer ruined?????" thread. :D

What are you brewing?

i am brewing a true brew german style ale. and as you suggested about 2 weeks ago i exchanged my other misc. corn sugars and rice syrup solids for some plain light DME. so we will see... kind of a not by the kit, kit....
haha

thanks i will let you know how the brew goes... so far so good

i am brewing a true brew german style ale. and as you suggested about 2 weeks ago i exchanged my other misc. corn sugars and rice syrup solids for some plain light DME. so we will see... kind of a not by the kit, kit....
haha

thanks i will let you know how the brew goes... so far so good

Good man! Your beer will thank you for it.

In a few weeks, when the beer is ready to drink, you'll finally be able to RDWHAHB. :mug:

Edited: Speaking of which, I'm gonna go grab a Hefe Weizen from the fridge to wish you luck!

well so far so good... nice rolling boil of 5 gallons ish...... we will see how she continues.... gosh i love this website... so much damn information and so much insight in such a small place

so glad to be a part of it

Whoo hoo! How exciting I will go to the fridge and grab a homebrew myself to celebrate. Good Luck! and keep us updated

so a random question. what would you typically describe the smell of boiling wort to... it is quite an odd aroma that i cannot seem to put my finger on..... hmmmmm any help?

haha

so a random question. what would you typically describe the smell of boiling wort to... it is quite an odd aroma that i cannot seem to put my finger on..... hmmmmm any help?

haha

Well, I think it smells great. I think it smells like sweet hoppiness- like heaven must smell.

My teenagers have described it as "vomit" smelling, though.

Welcome to a most fun and rewarding hobby! Keep an eye on that boil, don't want a boil over while posting on HBT.

well since i happen to be a teenager i would politely disagree, i find it to be a nice smell but at the same time just a little strange. oh well... haha thanks

Back