Bud American Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey_c

Reaction score
I've been liking this ale from Bud for a little while now. It seems like it's become harder to find lately. I know that some of you don't consider this a bad thing, But, I digress. I emailed the sales manager for the biggest beer wholesaler here on Long Island and he texted me back saying that AB discontinued this brand. I emailed AB and they said, it's not discontinued, nor do they have any plans to discontinue. Has anyone else, who drinks American Ale had problems locating it? Even my local beer distributor said he was having a hard time getting it....

I liked it but like you I have not seen it in over a year. It had good flavor and was not too expensive plus the bottle was reuseable

I never really saught it out, but I did enjoy having it at bars that only carried AB & Miller-Coors products. I was thinking the other day about what happened to this brand. They may have lowered distribution to areas where it sells.

I found out last year that a store in Escanaba, MI still carries (and recieves new quanitites regularly) the long lost "Bud Dry", which I have yet to find anywhere else. I don't prefer anything like it at all, but it's fun to find macros like these.

I am not sure how far from you this is but Gannons Station Cafe in Massapequa Park Claims to have it. If it's close give them a shout. I have not had it yet but if you say it's good, I'll give it a shot. Worse thing that could happen is I get six more bottles for homebrew.

I had that beer(its ok) and one from Michelob (their pale ale) that didn't suck at all.

The big pitch for Mich now is they got the rice and corn back out of their beer and are brewing all malted barley again. That beer is being pitched as a "craft brew" and is stealing a lot of SA's marketing tools. I might have to try one on draft if MBC is all that is available. I'm expecting a light pils taste if they hype is true.

Well, went to another beer distributer yesterday and inquired about this. the owner said that it was a slow mover and he often had to send bottles back that had gone past their prime.

I tried it one time when it first came out and was pleasantly surprised. It was tasty and pretty cheap, like $7 per six pack. Havent even thought about it in at least a year I bet.

Back