Any MI folks Attending

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STB

Reaction score
World Expo of Beer
Yooper are you in? I'm making a the trip from Sault Ste. Marie and meeting some friends from Windsor. Probably going to look for some new recipe inspiration. Cheers

Damn! I used to live in Saginaw, I really wish I could go. Do they have it Frankenmuth every year?

Damn! I used to live in Saginaw, I really wish I could go. Do they have it Frankenmuth every year?

AFAIK yes.

I'm not going this year. Looks interesting, but I've got a few beer fests and things happening, and there is just way too much beer there for me to be able to drink everything I will want to.

As far as beer fests go, this one isn't all that bad. Bit pricy on the samples but what's free these days?

It's the standard selection of good beer and some really crummy ones. I used to go frequently but haven't been in a few years.

I am as yet undecided.

Check the Michigan Mashers Group for more declarations of intent.

As for cost $5 admission, (4) 4oz. samples for $5; 4-5 bucks a pint is pretty standard anywhere.

I'll be there it's a great fest...The local brew pub has great beer it's called the black forest Dave's the brewer look for the guy with the tie died shirt thats Dave.

Pat

Not attending this year, but I went there twice, when i lived in Michigan. It is a pretty cool event, and worth checking out if you live within a couple hours of frankenmuth.

One of the moments that led me to homebrewing was seeing a group of guys doing an all grain batch of Oktoberfest on premis, and answering everyone's questions there.

I would be going if I wasn't judging UpCup in Bloomington. I won a gold and silver at the contest they had last weekend so I would be able to get in for free. I am originally from Bay City and have a bunch of family there, so I told the organizers I would judge next year...sounds like a blast. Bad timing since I am already signed up for the Bloomington comp.

I attended Saturday afternoon, and had a great time, with some great (and not so great) beers. I only got through about 30 different samples before SWMBO called it quits. I'll try to post some tasting notes when I get some time. Anybody else make it? favorite beers?

I tried a Jalapeno Lager that was very interesting, but all I could think about after that was getting some nachos, lol.:tank:

Back