Red Threeway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sieglere

Reaction score
So first off, I have a 6 gallon bucket and 2 1-gallon jugs. I'm thinking of brewing a 5 gallon batch of a red ale in a common batch wert and splitting it amoungst the 3.

My plan is to do one with a Belgian yeast (3 gallons), an English yeast (1 gallon), and I have one other experimental gallon. Any suggestions as to what I can do to with it?

Do you have lagering equipment? Could be cool to compare the ale vs. lager characteristics in an otherwise identical batch.

I sure do. Perhaps do the same yeast at two temperatures. Or an ale vs lager yeast

I sure do. Perhaps do the same yeast at two temperatures. Or an ale vs lager yeast

If it were me (and I have a spare fridge, but it seems to run too cold to effectively lager), I'd do the main batch with an ale yeast, and the 3rd batch with a lager yeast to compare them side-by-side.

If not that, maybe oak-aging?

Back