I ended up in the paper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
In March I will have been running for 2 years. In May of 2008 I will be doing my first full marathon and sometime in June or a little later (have not picked the race yet) I will do an olympic distance triathlon (swim 1.5K, bike 40K, run 10K)..

Somehow I ended up n the paper. Kind of cool so I thought I would share..

855135107-healthytroy.jpg

Nice man, congrats, I ran my first marathon at the end of September, great experience, glad I got it off the list, but I am done with that. Maybe a Tri next year, I'm pretty sure I could pull of the olympic distance, but I haven't swum competitively since I was 13...

Congrates and good luck on the marathon. I did my first half marathon a few weeks ago, wanted to do the whole but ran into some knee issues in training.

Also Triathlons are addicting. Watch out, soon you will think you need a 3 grand bike and another few grand in toys to go along with that bike.

I have done two half marathons and a 25K in the last year and I'm really looking forward to the full. At 239 pounds I'm not built for speed but I have a lot of power so I love the long runs.

At a race back in Oct. I had a shirt on that said "Will run for beer" and some lady said to me "do you know how fast you would be if you lost some weight?, It's that beer that's keeping you fat".. Had I not been so shocked and a nice guy I would have punched her in the box.

Way to go man!! Great story.

I'm in the same boat. lost a ton of weight and I'm in training for my first marathon, the 2008 Tulsa Marathon. I do 22-25 miles a week. My only caloric splurge is homebrew. Good stuff in those yeasties though and a pint a day is good for the arteries.

cowgo said:
Way to go man!! Great story.

I'm in the same boat. lost a ton of weight and I'm in training for my first marathon, the 2008 Tulsa Marathon. I do 22-25 miles a week. My only caloric splurge is homebrew. Good stuff in those yeasties though and a pint a day is good for the arteries.

Yeah I hd to stop drinking from Mondays to Fridays. I was not losing any weight. So the beer stopped and the weight started coming off. I drink on Saturdays only now, but my homebrew is sticking around longer now. :D
I missed a run last week so I only got 36 miles in and this week is going to be even lower. But after the 1st I start training and I'll be pushing out 50 mpw.

Good luck to you on your race and happy trainning

I have a beer after every run. Especially my long runs.

:off:
I'm going to do a post on the Garmin Forerunner 305.

It's awesome, but the mapping and software could be better. Maybe others have some tips and hints with it.

olllllo said:
I have a beer after every run. Especially my long runs.

:off:
I'm going to do a post on the Garmin Forerunner 305.

It's awesome, but the mapping and software could be better. Maybe others have some tips and hints with it.

Do you use the garmin software? I don't it sucks azz.. I use this Sport Tracks it's great.

Or are you talking about the mapping on the 305 it's self? If yes then yeah that sucks too. But I would have to be damn lost to ever need to use the map screen anyways.

FSR402 said:
Do you use the garmin software? I don't it sucks azz.. I use this Sport Tracks it's great.

Or are you talking about the mapping on the 305 it's self? If yes then yeah that sucks too. But I would have to be damn lost to ever need to use the map screen anyways.

Well, both. Thanks for the linky.
It was just surprising that their map is so antiquated. My only other beef is the smallness of the heartrate display. I haven't used it enough to set the zone alarms yet.

It is an awesome device, though.

1500 calories a day is crazy! When I was doing tris (before my 2 herniated disks forced me to quit running altogether and switch to just cycling) I was packing in about 3500-3700 calories a day. I was always hungry. I wish I could still train that hard.
Good job, it is something to be very proud of.

olllllo said:
Well, both. Thanks for the linky.
It was just surprising that their map is so antiquated. My only other beef is the smallness of the heartrate display. I haven't used it enough to set the zone alarms yet.

It is an awesome device, though.

Just set up one of the 3 different screens to display the HR as a larger size. To do that set up one screen with only 3 or less things being displayed.

I never use the HRM it rubs me raw so if I ever had to buy another one (I'm on my 3rd one now) I will just get the 205 and save some cash to spend on homebrew.

buraglio said:
1500 calories a day is crazy! When I was doing tris (before my 2 herniated disks forced me to quit running altogether and switch to just cycling) I was packing in about 3500-3700 calories a day. I was always hungry. I wish I could still train that hard.
Good job, it is something to be very proud of.

Yeah I know. I was at 2000 a day and 30+mpw and I was not dropping at all. So I had a full physical and everything came out great. So I could not blame it on anything medical. So my doc said "drop to 1500 and see what happens". I did and I started dropping. As long as I eat 3 - 4 times a day I'm fine. If I miss a meal I find I end up binging and efing up the 1500 for the day.

FSR402 said:
Just set up one of the 3 different screens to display the HR as a larger size. To do that set up one screen with only 3 or less things being displayed.

I never use the HRM it rubs me raw so if I ever had to buy another one (I'm on my 3rd one now) I will just get the 205 and save some cash to spend on homebrew.

Thanks again.

Use keg lube...
Well no, I use Body Glide. I also have it cranked up so that the indentations stay on my chest for hours after I'm done. :D

TxBrew said:
Interesting. In CAD?
Yes I use ProEngineer and Mechanical Desktop (AutoCAD). Mainly ProE..

For how much longer I have no idea. Michigan is in the crapper. I'm on 40 hours a week where as the rest of the shop is on 32 and they laied-off 10 more guys today. If we get the Carmaro package I'll be set for about 6 months. We are still fighting to keep it out of Korea... Go Chevy..

Back