What to make with frozen eggs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Our Durango was in the shop yesterday to get the drivers manifold replaced, and I took the daughter's less than reliable Buick to work. When I go out to start it after work it won't start. Cranks, but has no fuel at the fuel rail.

I don't have time to mess with it, so while I wait for my wife to come get me I shovel the walk at work and keep myself busy. She arrives and I leave, forgetting the carton of eggs that I just bought from the guy at work who has chickens.

Overnight in 0 degree temps has turned them into egg rocks.

I know they are still edible, but I'm not sure what would be a unique and tasty dish to prepare with them. I'm guessing maybe something like a quiche?

Any ideas?

Funny you should mention eggs. I wonder if you perhaps saw my frittata recipe from earlier today?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I did. I have to confess, though. I'm a little bit scared to try a recipe from you... You have that fancy NY taste and all.

And I'm not sure how to turn frozen eggs, into scrambled eggs safely. The shells are all cracked and if I leave them in the fridge it will take forever for them to thaw.

Maybe I should warm them just enough to peel the shells off them put them in a bowl and cover them and let them sit in the fridge until completely thawed? Or maybe accelerate the process by doing the same but putting them in a bowl resting in another bowl of lukewarm water?

Maybe dip in batter and deep fry until the outsides are cooked and then bake in the oven until the inside is cooked too? Kind of like the other recipe I saw on here once?

Do you have a toaster oven? Put in a foil pie tin and put in the toaster oven for a bit on low.

Teehee... fancy NY tastes.

My closest knowledge about forgotten eggs is finding (with the lawnmower) the ones left over from the Easter egg hunt four months before. I don't recommend that to anyone.

Back