Super slim corny keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TYGR

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I want to start kegging, and i already have a mini fridge but unfortunately the inside height it only 23 inches. Now i know most of you are already thinking i should just go on craigslist and get a new fridge, or maybe just keg in 3 gallon kegs.

Id rather not do that. 3 gallon kegs are spendy, and id rather not get another fridge IF i can make this one work.

Now i know if i want the shortest posible height a converted pin lock in the way to go, they come in at 22" and i read somewhere on here that with the fittings attached it ended up being around 23.5" (verification would be awesome) Clearly thats not going to work so here is my question.

Can someone take a picture or at least describe the bottom rubber "boot" of a corny keg to me? Im thinking if i could trim off even an inch of the rubber or hopefully get rid of all of it then i would shorten it up enough to squeeze it in my fridge.

I searched and i couldn't find anything so if there is please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

I don't own any pin-locks, so I don't know what the height is with the QD's installed. What I can tell you is that you'd be lucky to gain 1/4" in height by trimming rubber from the base.

45222.jpg

Thanks guys, i wasnt aware that corny's had round bottoms.

looks like ill be going a different route!

Also be aware some pin locks are 22" and some are 23". I have a few of both.

Back