Faucets...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thekeez

Reaction score
So I have been kegging for a bit and want to get a faucet for my mini fridge. I know everyone loves perlicks but I can't spring the extra cash at the moment. Just went all grain and drained my brew-money! How long will a chrome plated faucet last me? Can I get a year or two out of it? Takes me a couple months to kick a keg so it won't get mass amounts of use.

Why not wait and get something that works? I made that same mistake, thinking I was saving money and bought a chrome faucet and I hate it. Constantly sticks, sometimes I'm worried I'm going to break off the handle.

I bought a Perlick 525SS for my second tap.. and will never go back.

http://www.kegglebrewing.com/Perlick-Forward-Seal-Chrome-Faucet_p_213.html

These are the new Perlick design and are quite a bit less expensive than the other Perlicks. I'm not affiliated with Keggle at all but I do love these faucets I bought from them. I beleive the model is 425SS but I'm not sure.

check out this link to keggle brewer. I bought a couple of these Perlicks about a year ago and love them. At about $22 a piece, you can't go wrong. You really don't want the regular style faucet if you aren't going to be puring alot. They do get really sticky and build up crud pretty quickly.

Nice! Those are cheaper than I thought! I will def grab one of those! I am putting on a mini fridge door, what size shank should I get?

before starting to brew my own, i bought a basic kegging setup for commercial kegs. I'm going on 2.5 years and it still looks like new. I go through about a 1/4 keg per month, so it's rare for it to sit for days and days without being used so it never gets too sticky, but if i do go out of town or something, it does become noticably sticky. Nothing major though - it was still well worth it in my opinion.

I'm in a similar boat as the OP. Have been using picnic taps with kegs in an old fridge, but am working on a keezer now, and trying to decide if i should get the Perelick 525PC (Chrome) or the 525SS (stainless).

For $8 a piece difference (will be ordering four, so really $25 bucks total), what am i saving with the Chrome, vs. what i would be getting out of the stainless?

I got the cheapo faucets with my keezer kit, and they started sticking after a day of use. I started spraying starsan up the nozzle after each night of use, and that bought me about a day of use before they started sticking again. I have some of the 525PC ones in the mail now. The folks at kegconnection helped me out with the issue, but be kind to yourself and get perlicks and avoid the hassle.

The folks a KC said that the only difference between the PC and SS is that if you have an all SS setup already, you'd probably want to spring for the SS; otherwise, just get the PC, because they perform the same.

not to hijack the thread, but along the same lines of a faucet: What differences are there in the shanks? I get the variations in the fauces due to the moving part(s), but is there a big difference in the shanks??

Just bought the stainless steal perlick 525ss with shank and rap handle on eBay. It was brand new from beveragefactory.com with shipping it only cost $50.90 cheapest I found anywhere online

Has anyone ordered from here?

http://www.ritebrew.com/perlick-perl-faucet-chrome-plated-p-756.html

Seems pretty inexpensive - I think I also need to order shanks and tail pieces with this - is that correct? I would prefer stainless but I am way too much of a cheapskate - especially if it is only about the look. If chrome plated brass does the same thing and the only real difference is the look, I'll go el cheapo.

I have a "Medusa" setup right now with a chepo faucet and two picnic taps sticking out the top. I am planning on doing a three tap setup made from wood and am shopping for faucets.

Latest posts

Back