Craigslist Score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamelToeJoe

Reaction score
DSC03389.jpg

Just picked up this lot from Craigslist. Check out the sanke's closely. They have corny tops welded on them.

Just a bonus for your viewing pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spousal unit bought it for me. What is not pictured is the large rubbermade storage bin full of tackle boxes, containing hundreds of odds and ends parts.

I am fortunate, she comes through when it comes to all my hobbies.

giving my monitor the finger right now..

awesome score you bastard.
even a single co2 bottle or a single corny are near impossible om my local Craigslist

What search terms do you use when you use Craigslist?

I picked up this website from a thread here I think.

www.searchtempst.com. Really saves some time.

I use beer, keg, brew, homebrew, stainless, gallon, basically anything that has to do with our hobby.

Also just post what you are looking for in the wanted section, you will be surprised how quickly people will respond. I always include a picture of what I am looking for to narrow things down. Once I get a response I always ask for an emailed picture of what they have. Just tell them to snap a photo with their camera, seems most people have them on their phones.

For instance here is an ad from when I needed and extra C02 tank.

https://accounts.craigslist.org/post/shwpst?pii=1543918217&db=lv

That ad netted me a 20# tank for 20 bucks.

Be patient, it is like fishing. Sometimes it will take a 2-4 weeks to find what you are looking to obtain.

I stole it, lets put it that way. Forgot to mention the C02 tank, gas lines, pinic taps, and regulator.

What is neat, is the sankes with corny tops on them. You can see them in the picture.

those 3 gal tanks are useless. You should send them to me for porper burial.

the sankes are nice but not too uncommon. it's an easy mod with a TIG welder. but unecessary now that Brewfittings has their sanke adapter.

Oh man, I thought I picked up a good score this week.

I snagged:
- 5 x 5g glass carboys
- 1 x 3g glass carboy
- 5 x 1gal glass carboys
- 5lb CO2 tank with dual-gauge regulator
- 3 x 5g ball lock cornies
- ~75 22 oz bottles
- bunch of wine bottes 375ml, 750 ml, and 1500ml sizes
- bunch of #8 corks
- bottle drying tree
- Bottle capper
- bottle corker (crappy wing-style one), but good enough for my couple times a year mead bottling
- ball lock disconnects and fittings
- 2 x mediocre DIY immersion chillers (will probably go back up on craigslist!)
- big ole brewpot (must be about a 10 gallon version, but it's a turkey fryer model, not a SS one).
- jet bottle washer
- Vinator bottle rinser
- hydrometer
- whole bunch of other miscellaneous stuff like caps, shrink caps, barbed fittings, etc.

A buddy of mine wanted to start kegging and another one wants to start brewing. Got enough to set one guy up with a starter kit and the other with the starter kegging equipment with a nice score of left-over fun stuff for me, for free!
Keg/CO2 stuff alone was worth what I paid, really, and that's for a friend of mine.

those 3 gal tanks are useless. You should send them to me for porper burial.

the sankes are nice but not too uncommon. it's an easy mod with a TIG welder. but unecessary now that Brewfittings has their sanke adapter.

Whats this Brewfittings Sanke Adapter?

Back