Sneak Peek at the next project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmb

"I just got a new pet toaster!"
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm slowly finishing off my basement to be my Ultimate Man Cave, theater, poker room, and draft bar. So far, the back wet bar, theater room, and the whole space is finished.

img19.jpg

img35.jpg

Now onto the draft bar.

2534175610_65a0ba83b0.jpg

Edit: Finally got moving on this project. Here's an almost finished pic...

2668281390_d106424213.jpg

You suck!
No, I really mean it. You suck. I don't have the right equipment to call it a "man" cave but I want it anyway. :p

I'm green with envy! That looks great. You will never want to leave it, I know I wouldn't.

I built a theater similar to that last year. I love it and haven't been to a real theater since. I wish I had room for a bar like yours though.

Whens the party!?
:)
:mug:

We had around 20 people over for Memorial Day and I think I heard,

"Damn, this looks like something in Cribs!" a few times.

Dimensions for the back wet bar are 14' wide and I'm going for a bar top that is 11' long with cold box and towers on bartender right and walkway on 'tender left. Total area, including theater, is just under 940 sq feet.

Going to HD for the framing lumber this weekend for the draft bar and cold box. :ban:

Rockin out to Rock Band must kick all kinds of ass in there. Good work! I'm also getting onto the "I hate mmb" bandwagon.

No-limit Hold em tournament over at mmb's place....

Very cool. Gonna put a mirror on the back bar? I gotta see who's coming in the door...

Did you do the construction yourself? Looks nice! Only thing missing in the theater is some stadium seating and recliners.

I didn't lay the carpet and I didn't hang the drywall on the ceiling. Other than that, all me after work until midnight and all weekend long.

A riser in the rear of the theater with some reclaimed theater seating is in the works, but wasn't in the budget just yet. :(

No-limit Hold em tournament over at mmb's place....

Very cool. Gonna put a mirror on the back bar? I gotta see who's coming in the door...

I have a plate mirror that used to hang on a sliding closet door. 4 x 7 mirror that is 3/8" thick that will be hung on the wall with red oak trim to match the wet bar.

I didn't lay the carpet and I didn't hang the drywall on the ceiling. Other than that, all me after work until midnight and all weekend long.

A riser in the rear of the theater with some reclaimed theater seating is in the works, but wasn't in the budget just yet. :(

Damn, if I had enough time and space to tuck into a project like that my wife would be working very hard to make sure it didn't get wasted on anything I would like ...

I too am jealous as hell! Very nice!

Damn, if I had enough time and space to tuck into a project like that my wife would be working very hard to make sure it didn't get wasted on anything I would like ...

I too am jealous as hell! Very nice!

My wife did most of the painting and picked the colors and flooring.

:mug:

It looks really nice. I did everything in my basement on my own except for the carpet and mudding & taping for the drywall (I was on a time crunch to finish it before my sister's wedding).

Seeing your basement gave me the encouragement to finally make the velvet border for my screen (I've had the wood and velvet for 14 months!).

Looking forward to seeing the bar once it's done.

Finally got around to getting this bar finished for a party I'm hosting the end of the week. Ended up looking like a nice piece of wood.

Starting on poly tonight.

2668281390_d106424213.jpg

Back