some fun ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopmomma

Reaction score
Hey folks! I recently got married and my husband (the master brewer) and I had a bit of a brewing themed wedding. Here's some favors/table toppers I did. They were a huge hit. I made the cake topper from a piece of dowel wrapped in clay. I cut all the bottles myself and grew the forget me not plants from seed. Hope you like...Cheers!

Hopmomma

ForumRunner_20130625_194839.png

ForumRunner_20130625_194849.png

ForumRunner_20130625_194858.png

Very cool and creative. My girlfriend just bought a bottle cutter after seeing some beer bottles cut down to drinking glasses at a store. We are going to try and cut different types and colored bottels to use as sample glasses in a homemade beer flight. Maybe etch a logo on them too. Haven't done any yet. Were you able to get the cut edge smooth enough so that it wouldn't cut your hands?

Well I am not the OP but I can say there are a ton of resources online for bottle cutting. Most have found that to be smooth enough for using as a glass, the cut needs to be sanded with various grits of sandpaper to get them safe to use.

Latest posts

Back