Removing Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squonk32

Reaction score
I read in a thread that you can use hot water and oxyclean to easily remove beer bottle labels. I have to report that it worked like a charm. No effort and some off the labels were floating after about 15 minutes.

I generally just put everything in a sink and cover with water for a couple hours. Most of the labels peel right off and the rest are easily persuaded with a mushroom brush.

I have tried using scalding hot water and soaking the bottles for a few days but to no avail. The hot water an oxyclean worked magically. They were Spaten Oktoberfest and Samuel Adams bottles.

I read in a thread that you can use hot water and oxyclean to easily remove beer bottle labels. I have to report that it worked like a charm. No effort and some off the labels were floating after about 15 minutes.

This is so easy that I don't need to try any other way. I just did 2 cases today.

Back