What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A firecracker Red,over a year old,I remember it harsh at first.But this is still very good going over 14 months intended for last years 4th of July. Nothing about it sucks.cinnomon is a fine Persecure? of a tastey red ale.Thanks Hombrewers Recipe guide! I thought brewing with redhots was weird at first but holds up well for a few 4th of Julys as it turns out. As does a good spiced holliday ale go good with ambers this cinnamon only spiced red shure has some nice peppery/spicey fire to it.

2011 Dogfish Head 120 IPA. This is my first time trying!! Thanks Skeezer for sending! Cheers!

ForumRunner_20120814_202010.jpg

Victory Headwater Pale Ale. Very pleased with this selection, not too overpowering. I could see this becoming a mainstay around my place. Discussing it tomorrow on TheBrewSherpa

Oasis from Tallgrass. Pick some up if you see it its really good. Or you can brew it with a NB kit also which I was surprised to see it featured a few months ago.

Cider that is 10 or 11 mos old. Good stuff found 3 bottles in the back of the beer closet when I cleaned it out a couple of weeks ago. Got 5 gallons that needs another month or so before hitting the keg

KPSquared said:
La Fin Du Monde . . .oh my do I love this beer.

Just tried this for the first time tonight. Wow, this is great, a new favorite.

Bought the sample pack. Trois Pistoles up this weekend.

Just tried this for the first time tonight. Wow, this is great, a new favorite.

Bought the sample pack. Trois Pistoles up this weekend.

I haven't had this beer in about a year and I picked up another bottle for this weekend. (La Fin Du Monde that is) I'm excited! :D Maudite is fantastic if you haven't had that yet. I don't think I've had Trois Pistoles yet.

I haven't had this beer in about a year and I picked up another bottle for this weekend. (La Fin Du Monde that is) I'm excited! :D Maudite is fantastic if you haven't had that yet. I don't think I've had Trois Pistoles yet.

I love La Fin Du Monde. And I love Maudite. I thought Trois Pistoles was disappointing. Not bad, but nowhere near as good as their others. I expect great things from Unibroue ;)

A pint of ****ty pabst.Oh seriously hipsters think this is a good pale lager? I like the logo thats about it,it sucks. Guess Im not cool. Who cares and f u.

Stone Arrogant Bastard. Can only get it in 22 oz bottles here. Don't think the last 10 oz or so will keep tomorrow, guess I'll just have to finish the bottle.......

Brooklyn Local 2 found at a bottle shop I just learned of in Shanghai. I also have their Sorachi Ace chilling for a treat tomorrow. Amazing what finds its way across the pond.

Enjoying a Hop Stoopid and Bill Burr's podcast while I work. Working from home has it's advantages.

This is becoming my go-to DIPA. So deliciously balanced. Some say it's one dimensional. I'm not one of those people. Crazy hops...but tempered by nice maltiness and juciy, bold, tropical hop fruitiness. It's a goddamned winner.

I may have to make a pilgrimage out to Petaluma one of these days. Lagunitas knows what's up.

Dogfish Head Tweason'Ale...somewhat underwhelming. and i'm a DFH fan. good for something gluten free i guess. not sure as i've never tried anything gluten free before. what's gluten again? mmm...gluten.

crbrown25 said:
Dogfish Head Tweason'Ale...somewhat underwhelming. and i'm a DFH fan. good for something gluten free i guess. not sure as i've never tried anything gluten free before. what's gluten again? mmm...gluten.

Gluten is what makes bread dough sticky. Its found in wheat, oats, and barley, which is why gluten free brewing is hard. Sorghum (redbridge, dogfish head) and pure sugars seem to be the best ways to get fermentables for beer for gluten intolerant or Celiac (gluten allergic, basically) beers. Makes eating out interesting too.

Not gluten intolerant, but I have friends who are...

And I agree on tweason ale. Yurrgh.

My U.K. Ipa, holding up very nicely for having a bit of age about 5 months. Rakau and Nelson Suavin hops.Alot of citrus floral and grapefruit. First and only time using a starter with washed yeast(wlp005-british).Turned out better than the others with no starter. Although I did many styles with this yeast I dont think its that versatile of a yeast to use with many styles.
And my last East Kent Goldings Digeman's Pale Ale with 005 yeast also.Not bad. Both recipes from the Homebrewing made easy book. Except I did an all grain version. Very happy with the results from all the recipes I did with that book.

Well, I haven't brewed since the summer since it's been too hot in my apartment. So lately I've been staring down these two mediocre batches I made earlier in spring-- a witbier I racked on top of Gala apples and an experimental amber flavored with blackstrap molasses. The molasses one was too thick, oily and 'salty'. The witbier, while it smelled great, was pretty thin on character, over-carbonated and had no depth. I could drink 'em, but I would never share either one.

What's a guy to do? On a whim just now, I poured half of each into a glass, not really hoping for much. I figured I couldn't sin against beer if it was barely drinkable before.

It's delicious.

Who would have thought? Nothing like any style I've had before, but each cuts the flaws of the other, and I would swear that it brings out the apples and molasses, which were both hidden before. My only regret is I suffered through so many before I thought to try this. I'm definitely going to try blending any 'failures' in the future.

Back