How big of a keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m25wilson

Reaction score
The wife surprised me with a legging set up a few days ago. I would rather build a kezzer than a kegerator though. So my question to you all is how big of a freezer do i need to fit in 4 ball locks the co2 tank and everything else? Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help. Hard to judge the size without being able to put the kegs and everything in there. That was a big help

I agree with the prior posts. I used a 7 cu.ft. GE and it does fit 4 on the floor along with the 5 lb. CO2 tank, but it's a tight squeeze. A little bigger, something in the 8 cu.ft. range, would be ideal and easier for getting kegs into and out of the keezer for a 4 tap system.

I went with a 24 cf craigslist freezer. There's plenty of room for four kegs plus CO2...plus a couple carboys...plus several 12 packs...plus a sanke...lol

Seriously, though. Find the largest freezer you have space for. You will use it...

I went with a 24 cf craigslist freezer. There's plenty of room for four kegs plus CO2...plus a couple carboys...plus several 12 packs...plus a sanke...lol

Seriously, though. Find the largest freezer you have space for. You will use it...

exactly!

I've been planning my keezer for awhile now and have settled on the Frigidaire 7.2. From others that have used this freezer on here it looks to be able to hold 4 comfortably and 5snugly with a tall enough collar. Plus it comes in black, which IMO looks a bit nicer.

I might have just gotten a 24 cf of CL for trade of gift cards to my restaurant!

Xtant said:

I also bought a bigger chest freezer CL, and I'm excited about finishing it up! I'm glad that I did not go small...

Latest posts

Back