Automatic capping machine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip82

Reaction score
We are doing marketing research of a class. We are designing a cheaper automatic capping machine. We have a few questions if you guys don't mind answering them.

What would you be willing to pay for a machine? $100?
Would you want it electric or pneumatic?
Would you want a safety guard on it?

Thanks,

Logan Wiley

I can't see an automatic capper that cost 100 bucks being worth it. I mean is it a feeder or is it hand held or what? Not really enough information to understand what you mean.

What I would like though is a capper with an auto feed like a stapler. Sanitize your caps, feed them into a tube of some kind, stick it on a bench style capper and start capping.

A better bench style capper with some kind of bottle form fitting adapter (by bottle type/size). So you can just push the bottle into the capper instead of having to line it up would be nice too.

I read this thread, then looked across the room at my Dillon 550-B ( http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/content/p/9/pid/23594/catid/1/RL_550B )and started thinking. What if you had multiple stations with one operation performed at each station? Maybe manually insert a bottle at station 1 and pull a lever to fill it, then manually turn the platform to move it to the next station, insert a bottle at station 1, pull the lever again to fill that bottle and simultaneously perform the next action on the previous bottle (maybe inject a shot of CO2, or place a cap on top, or crimp the cap - could have 3 or 4 stations with a different action performed at each with each pull of the lever, like the Dillon reloader. You'd have to work out a different way of collecting the finished bottles than what the Dillon uses to collect the loaded cartridges, though. :)

Back