The Dumbest Checkout Clerk Ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
Ok so we're going camping this weekend. I've never camped over the 4th before and decided to pick up a couple of small flags at the last minute for the campsite. I went into the local Fleet Farm and couldn't find any. Lots of fireworks, but no flags. I spotted a checkout girl that had no customers and asked her if there was a display of flags somewhere that I was missing. She replied "What kind of flags?"

HELLO!?! 4th of July?!? Independance Day??? Any of this ring a bell??? I just shook my head and wandered some more till I found them. If this girl is any indication, the future of our country is burnt toast.

Anyway, have a great and safe holiday all!:ban: :tank: :rockin:

Nobody is paying her to think ... which is probably a good thing.

Question #2: Got any American Flags that aren't made in Red China?

Eh- maybe she had been dealing with jerks like me who spend most of our time looking for pirate flags, or the flag of Lithuania? I stock up on those.

Agreed, altho I love Fleet Farm or Farm and Fleet - the closest I can get to one is Racine - on the other hand my weekend gig is Menard's, and most of us old guys wear the goofy blue vests - then some customer will walk up and ask if we work there. It's nice knowing what you are talking about, it's simply scary how little common sense is used by so few people these days - and these are the people who actually visit a home improvement store.....

Wait, I just said home improvement and Menards at the same time - now that's a contradiction!

Doug - where did you camp? I've camped in most of that lovely state of yours at one time or another.....

Skol!

ablrbrau said:
Ok so we're going camping this weekend. I've never camped over the 4th before and decided to pick up a couple of small flags at the last minute for the campsite. I went into the local Fleet Farm and couldn't find any. Lots of fireworks, but no flags. I spotted a checkout girl that had no customers and asked her if there was a display of flags somewhere that I was missing. She replied "What kind of flags?"

HELLO!?! 4th of July?!? Independance Day??? Any of this ring a bell??? I just shook my head and wandered some more till I found them. If this girl is any indication, the future of our country is burnt toast.

Anyway, have a great and safe holiday all!:ban: :tank: :rockin:

Well, I know the logical assumption for most people would be American Flags, but at Farm and Fleet they carry trucking supplies as well, so they should have a range of wide load flags. They probably also have those flags that people put out for all the different holidays. Then for American Flags they may have the full size ones that you hang a a flagpole, the small ones on a stick you can wave or stick in the ground, maybe some others.

So just to play devil's advocate, it may not be THAT dumb of a question.

Back