5L Two Hearted mini kegs!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bpyfer22

Reaction score
Anyone else seen these 5L mini kegs of Two Hearted. I was on my end-of-the-week trip to my local beer supplier when I stumbled on the TH 5L that was only $22.99! Needless to say I'm in Centennial bliss and dreaming of my next batch (which has a few oz Centennial). Anyway always enjoy great beer in larger quantities. Cheers

EDIT: Forgot to mention the bottled on date was Aug 1, nice and fresh... find em' if you got em'

I see everything Bells puts in a mini keg which is only a few of their beers. I look at it and say, "man I'd really like to buy that mini keg of Bells beer", but an equal amount of Bells bottles costs exactly the same, so I buy the bottles.

MisterTipsy said:
I see everything Bells puts in a mini keg which is only a few of their beers. I look at it and say, "man I'd really like to buy that mini keg of Bells beer", but an equal amount of Bells bottles costs exactly the same, so I buy the bottles.

Too small of a town to get much variety, just lucky enough for my local liquor store to sell bells and founders... and 3 floyds, now that I think about it, there is some decent variety lol!

Between the three of them there are plenty of great beers. I'll bet you don't get Pliny. (not a problem)

I wish! Never tasted the infamous Pliny.. Have had the pleasure of 3Fs Zombie Dust from the father in-law, that was a treat. Still waiting for the Pliny, or any of the west coast beers for that matter, other than SN and Anchor

Meanwhile in Michigan...

meanwhile.jpg

5Ls of Hopslam... shouldn't sell it any other way! Stunning accuracy in that picture btw

Bells has the only American mini kegs I see. We get several low brow Euro beers in mini kegs like Stiegl, DAB, Warsteiner, etc.

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but I've only ever seen them. You dont need a kegerator, right? They're keg conditioned or force carbed and you need to drink them pretty quick right? The labeling is awesome, I might buy a couple 5L kegs

bellmtbbq said:
Sorry to ask a dumb question, but I've only ever seen them. You dont need a kegerator, right? They're keg conditioned or force carbed and you need to drink them pretty quick right? The labeling is awesome, I might buy a couple 5L kegs

No you do not need a kegerator and yes they are force carbed. They have a tiny release valve on the top w/ a spigot on the bottom. You should definitely consume in a couple days (not that its ever an issue). Cheers!

Are these reusable as casks like other 5L kegs? I'd love an excuse to get a few.

I think they're only 10 or 15 bucks on Midwest, so they'd be good holiday gifts for family members and refills throughout the year. You'd need to perfect a valve to preserve carbonation. Plus you could get a cool logo painted on.

I saw a Urquell mini keg over in Prague and it was pretty cool. Gotta buy a couple

I hope we get them here in Pittsburgh. I have slightly over 1000 of the 5L minikegs in my collection. I need the 2012 Two Hearted.

Back