Do I have a problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdoiv

Reaction score
8384-saferide.jpg

Second 50# bag of grain in a month. Notice the precaution I take in keeping my precious safe.

I think I'll start a HBAnonymous club. My name is jdoiv and I have a brewing problem. :mug:

Lol - I had a corny keg all strapped in last week. You have to keep precious cargo safe!!

You cant take enough precaution! Last week I took a trip to Denver. I put the lid and collar off my kegerator in the back of my truck. then the kegerator then I put 4 cornies in the kegerator to keep it from sliding around. Yeah I know! First hard stop in traffic the kegerator slid forward dismantling the collar. So being the smart person I am I accelerated to slide it to the back of the bed. Bad idea! The back window on my camper shell slants forward or well it used to. The window got kind of exploded when the kegerator got to the tailgate. The good news; the tailgate didn't come open!

I got odd looks when I went into the Capitol Ale House one time with a vial of yeast. We were on the way back from the HBS and I'll be damned if I'm gonna leave liquid yeast in the car on a hot summer day. But at least it was the Capitol Ale House. Once I explained myself, they completely understood.

the_bird said:
We already have a 12-step program. Step one is "Start heating strike water :D"

High five! LOL

You have a problem if you left your child outside the LHBS while you drove that bag of malt home. (I ALWAYS leave my kids INSIDE the LHBS to bring home malt.)

McCall St. Brewer said:
You guys are missing the main point. Strapping in the bag is just common sense. Second 50 lb. bag in a month-- now that's something to be concerned about! :)

I guess you're right...

Get brewing slow-poke!!!

My name is David_42 and I have a brewing problem ...

No more room! Can't brew again until I float one.

McCall St. Brewer said:
You guys are missing the main point. Strapping in the bag is just common sense. Second 50 lb. bag in a month-- now that's something to be concerned about! :)

I agree. It is a waste of gas. Why not just buy 10 sacks and have done with it for a while.

boo boo said:
I agree. It is a waste of gas. Why not just buy 10 sacks and have done with it for a while.

Funny you should mention that. I've been seriously thinking of putting together a large order and finding someone to split it with. I figure I could easily take on 200 pounds of 2-row, 50 pounds of MO, and 50 pounds of 60L. I would need to spit up some of the other grains I use like flaked barley, flaked oats, chocolate male, etc. I figure I could do a pretty big order and take care of my grain needs for 9 months to a year. Freight is a whole lot cheaper than delivery and the lhbs is sort or expensive. The 50# bag came out to $51 after taxes. It'll only be good for 3 batches. That's only 6 weeks of primary time. I think I have a problem. But it's a tasty one. :mug:

I have this disease, where an empty carboy creates anxiety until filled, not sure what it's called, but I think it's related to your syndrome.

Yes, I believe that is a lesser form of the disease. I get a little anxious if I don't know what is going to replace what is currently in the carboy. I think I would get hysterical if I actually had an empty carboy. I'm a little more at ease if I know what the next two or three brews are going into the carboy. However, I'm starting to think I need more carboys. :rockin:

LouT said:
I have this disease, where an empty carboy creates anxiety until filled, not sure what it's called, but I think it's related to your syndrome.

Zymocenosilicaphobia - Fear of an empty beer glass.

You know I thought you totally made up Zymocenosilicaphobia but I guess not! now where's my beer?

McCall St. Brewer said:

There are another two seat belts on that back seat. Chuck out the passenger and you have a four bag car!

Latest posts

Back