Jockey Box with picnick Tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna be building a Jockey box for a music festival in June. I don't keg yet so don't have taps and all that. I can probably get a co2 tank to carbonate my keg. I have access to a picknik tap for the event and plan on using this with my jockey box. also planning on using my 25 ft copper IC for the cooling coil. Think this will work out? Or should I abandon it and buy beer for thius event? I'd really like to take my first AG Wheat to it for me and my friends along with another keg I inhereited when I bought kegs that is still good. (for when we cash mine)

Just doing this as a test so not gonna drop the $50. Plus I just got my keggles converted, and am buying a chest freezer for kegging so will hold off on the taps for now until I get the bar built around the freezer.

You might want to add a little more tube. I just built a two tap model and use 50' of 3/8" stainless steel on each tap. I find that it works well. I would be afraid that 25' is not enough.

~d

Tried it out this weekend. I ended up wasting a whole 5 gallon keg getting all my leaks taken care of! (tried using what I had laying around the garage). After a trip to Lowes to redo the beer out fitting on the tap to match my 3/8 hose along with some proper sized hose clamps. I got the leaks taken care of but the keg was empty and spitting nothing but foam. Very sad because it tasted so good. BUT WAIT! The seconds mystery keg was the same nectar. YES! Took it to my buddy's. Wasn't a very big hit with the redneck crowd that was there (nobody would try it cause it was too dark, yes my pale ale was too dark) *shakes head*. But me and my buddy had a good time drinking 2/3 of it. The 25ft of copper worked great for cooling. Not going to be changing anything for the music fest run of my wit. I also am pleased to have a couple gallons left on tap on my back porch just waiting for me to come home.
This gave me a little taste of how awsome it will be to have beer on tap in my bar. How freaking sweet.

Only concern was that there seemed to get a lot of air in the line. Between pours the line would get an empty spot in it. Not sure how that was happening.

Only concern was that there seemed to get a lot of air in the line. Between pours the line would get an empty spot in it. Not sure how that was happening.

I have had this happen when the beer out QD was not sealing well.

You know, you could have unhooked the keg while fixing it and you would not have lost so much beer. :(

You know, you could have unhooked the keg while fixing it and you would not have lost so much beer. :(

It was from unhooking and rehooking when I thought had them fixed. Total of tapping/ntapping 3 times, then teh fourth was good. I think they were super carbed because wehn i would disconnect foam would shoot a good 5ft for 2-3 seconds before tapering down.

Back