Help with a new keg system set up..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lane

Reaction score
OK, I'm new at this .... some questions.

I have 2 cornie kegs, a small refrigerator, co2 tank and lines and I'm ready to set up my system. It will be two kegs going to taps that I"m mounting in the wall about 4 feet away from the cooler/kegs. I'm told two things: 1) I should coil up about 14 ft. of beer line inside the cooler, even though I'm only going 4 feet away - to control foaming. Is this true? 2) I need to cool the section of the lines that are outside the cooler, going the 4 ft to the taps - do I really need to and do I have to cool them or just insulate them?

Thanks
Lane

I thought that 14 ft sounded like more than necessary.... as to cooling - I haven't figured out a good way to do that - any suggestions?

Thanks

I'd go with a little extra line (maybe 7 feet so 3 feet can be inside the fridge) and just insulate - get some PVC pipe to run the lines through and wrap some insulation around it, should be just fine.

Back