Wy1335-Any Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingwood-kid

Reaction score
I have a smackpack of WY1335 British Ale II (aka WLP026) in my fridge, slowly declining in its viability. Yes I will make a starter. Does anybody have any recommendations for what and how (temps, times, etc...) to brew with this yeast?

Yooper said it was fantastic in her Oatmeal Stout. So I will definitely brew something similar to that. Any other ideas/advice/horror stories are welcome. I'm wide open on the grainbill, and have Goldings, Willamette and Bramling Cross in my freezer.

Yooper's Oatmeal Stout is fantastic! I also washed the yeast from the Oatmeal stout and did an Surly Furious IPA Clone with it. Both beers ended with a higher than expected FG so I don't think this yeast attenuates as much as others, but both beers had really good flavor and mouth feel.

Thanks for the info. No luck on a Furious clone, as Simcoe is extinct or something, but since my current American IPA is vanishing, maybe I can use 1335 to make a replacement.

What did you wind up making with this yeast? I have some that I washed from a previous magic hat clone and am trying to figure out what I can reuse it with.

The rye stout that's in my drop-down. It started as an oatmeal stout, and then the recipe kept drifting. I don't know what aspects to credit to the yeast, but the beer was great.

Back