Going to California on a Big Jet Plane...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaBass512

Reaction score
...and want to know what microbreweries you guys suggest. We'll be in LA for a few days, then heading to San Diego (German for a whale's vagina...) for a few more. We are planning on seeing family, but don't have any real plans. My better half has asked me more than once what breweries we are going to, so I figured what better place to get some ideas.

Thanks in advance :mug:

Green Flash Brewing
Stone Brewing co. (Escondido)
Steelhead Brewing (Irvine)
Pizza Port (Carlsbad)

These are some of my favorites from down south. You should make some time to come up north, there's some fantastic breweries up here!

Firestone Double Barrel Ale
Firestone Union Jack
Firestone Double Jack
Firestone Pale 51

Basically anything Firestone if you can get it.
Anything Moylans
Anything Ninkasi

Firestone Double Barrel Ale
Firestone Union Jack
Firestone Double Jack
Firestone Pale 51

Basically anything Firestone if you can get it.
Anything Moylans
Anything Ninkasi

I would definitely suggest buying firestone BEER, but the BREWERY is quite a ways from LA/San Diego...

Ninkasi Brewery...isn't even in california...

Also, I believe Moylands is bay area/ish, quite a long ways away.

I would definitely suggest buying firestone BEER, but the BREWERY is quite a ways from LA/San Diego...

Ninkasi Brewery...isn't even in california...

Also, I believe Moylands is bay area/ish, quite a long ways away.

I said that because any reputable liquor store will have them. FWIW all the Ninkasi I purchased all came from CA. I understand they aren't there but is one of their "priority locations".

I said that because any reputable liquor store will have them. FWIW all the Ninkasi I purchased all came from CA. I understand they aren't there but is one of their "priority locations".

Understood, I love Ninkasi's brew and find some in CA as-well. Just read what he's asking for (again)...

Stone is an obvious choice but it's north east SD. Any of the 3 Pizza Port locations along the San Diego coast are always great for a beer and food. New English Brewing has a tasting room not far from the SD airport, Ballast Point has two locations (one of which is also our largest local home brew store), and I would highly recommend checking out Alesmith which isn't too far from the northern Ballast Point location. I would avoid Coronado Brewing Co, Lighting Brewing, San Diego Brewing Co, and Firehouse.

Thanks everyone. I don't know how the weather will be, but I know we won't go thirsty!

When are you coming? It's been fairly cool this winter, and by cool I mean in the low to mid 60's during the day and 40's/50's at night. That's cold here ;) We've had a pretty wet year, but no idea how long that will continue. We have had some pretty good storms into April before, though this is supposed to be a DRY year and we're already well ahead of our annual rainfall.

Leaving next week wednesday, from detroit. Anything will be warm to us!

Latest posts

Back