Finally got to taste my first homebrew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew2enjoy

Reaction score
I must say that I am very proud of myself for holding out as long as I did. They have been bottled for 12 days so I know they aren't quite there yet but I decided to try one last night. Well, the fiance got sick of me checking my bottles every hour or so lol, so she finally said "why don't you just try one for god sake!". I chilled it in the fridge for an hour or so and popped the cap. Much to my suprise this thing was CARBED! It had a nice head and tasted great! It still taste what I believe to be "green" but that is understandable since it hasn't even been 2 weeks yet. I am actually suprised it is carbonated as good as it is being that it has been pretty cold lately and Im pretty sure the closet I kept them in was in the low 60's. I think it will get better though. Head retention and lace could still be better, I am hoping that will improve with time.

Sorry for the long post, I am just pumped that my first beer came out great. My ingredients for my next brew came in yesterday too! I am officially hooked on this great hobby!

IMG_20101205_172725.jpg

I'm proud of you for having waited for 12 days. I have trouble waiting past 7 even though I know it won't taste particularly good so early. I just have to get an idea if I made a real mistake brewing this recipe (or kit, one never knows what one really likes until they have brewed a few of their own).

I just bottled my red ale 5 days ago. My first kit ever just like you. LOL. I'm going to hold out as long as I can. Bought a case of some Sam Adams and New Belgium to hold me over

Congrats! Nothing better than tasting something youve made on your own. :D

Its that very feeling that has me addicted to brewing and sharing with family and friends lol

Congrats. It can only taste better from here :) What kind of brew is it?

I just bottled my red ale 5 days ago. My first kit ever just like you. LOL. I'm going to hold out as long as I can. Bought a case of some Sam Adams and New Belgium to hold me over

Cool, I also see you live in Dover just like me. I live in Dover Delaware though lol.

Congrats. It can only taste better from here :) What kind of brew is it?

It's a Brewers Best Red Ale kit. I wanted to keep it simple for my first brew. Now that I know what I'm doing I ordered my ingredients seperately for my Dogfish 60 minute clone.

I only could wait 6 days before popping open one of the 3 tasters I set aside. Congrats man!

Back