Malt Extracts...Where to Buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunarpancake

Reaction score
I am looking to try my hand at brewing a beer and want to find a good place to buy some malt extracts. I want to keep it very simple for my first one and get a liquid malt extract. Any recommendations for a place to buy from?

If you have a local Home Brew store, buy a kit from them. It usually comes with everything you will need.

I was going to say dmemart.com was a good place for DME. I bought 6 3lb bags for $65 a few weeks ago with free shipping and delivery in 2 days. The guy running it was real nice when a bag ripped in transit and offered to replace the pound that spilled out. It looks like the prices just increased 7 dollars to $72 for 6 bags which kind of sucks.

DMEmart 18 pounds DME= $71.94

www.austinhomebrew.com 18 pounds DME= $63.99

and only $7.99 flat rate shipping. So if you want more items than DME you don't pay any additional shipping than $7.99

Many people are fooled by the free shipping offer. It doesn't make it a better deal.

Forrest

Latest posts

Back