QR Code users - Good generator site

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great QR generator. Question - Do not seem to be able to read printed QR with QR code reader but works fine when reading code on screen. I take it you print the QR code onto a label and can read it with a smartphone QR reader.

If you like, please tell me what you do to get it to work. I have an iPhone 4S with a Bakodo QR reader. Have since seen the GOQR.com generator and reader are highly recomended.

Thanks,

Great QR generator. Question - Do not seem to be able to read printed QR with QR code reader but works fine when reading code on screen. I take it you print the QR code onto a label and can read it with a smartphone QR reader.

If you like, please tell me what you do to get it to work. I have an iPhone 4S with a Bakodo QR reader. Have since seen the GOQR.com generator and reader are highly recomended.

Thanks,

Missed the message about your post.

I have no problems reading the QR code. Readablility is dependent upon how much data you put into the code, the size on your print out, and the resolution+density of your phone's camera.

We ran into this in a 2D labeling project at my company. Not all phones are capable of reading all QR code (or datamatrix, pdf417, etc) sizes and error correction levels.

Check out IQR Global they have a pretty interesting product. The nice part is when people read the QR they ask them to enter their info. This way you know who is scanning your code this worked great for the company I work for. www.iqrglobal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back