kegerator questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vovo

Reaction score
Setting up a kegerator, recently acquired bev air bm23model. I can fit four cornies. I ordered a 3 tap tower has not come yet. I am also in the process of ordering corny disconnects. I was looking at the threaded ones due to the the ease of having the ability to disconnect.

My question...
On the disconnects I see they have a 1/4 barbs is there any reason not to use 1/4 inch gas line I see the manifolds come in both 1/4 inch and 5/16? Most people seem to use 5/16. I was planning on purchasing my gas line through a homebrew store not box store. I am planning on using 3/16 line for liquid.

Also if I wanted to have the ability change one faucet back to sankey to corny do I just use a y fitting with check valves the same a if I was splitting air line or is there a y splitter for liquid or should I just utilize one hose and a worm clamp and just interchange the coupler back to cornelius disconnects. I was planning on having a gas manfifold so I could have one gas line dedicated to the coupler.

Thanks

Setting up a kegerator, recently acquired bev air bm23model. I can fit four cornies. I ordered a 3 tap tower has not come yet. I am also in the process of ordering corny disconnects. I was looking at the threaded ones due to the the ease of having the ability to disconnect.

My question...
On the disconnects I see they have a 1/4 barbs is there any reason not to use 1/4 inch gas line I see the manifolds come in both 1/4 inch and 5/16? Most people seem to use 5/16. I was planning on purchasing my gas line through a homebrew store not box store. I am planning on using 3/16 line for liquid.

Also if I wanted to have the ability change one faucet back to sankey to corny do I just use a y fitting with check valves the same a if I was splitting air line or is there a y splitter for liquid or should I just utilize one hose and a worm clamp and just interchange the coupler back to cornelius disconnects. I was planning on having a gas manfifold so I could have one gas line dedicated to the coupler.

Thanks

If you get threaded disconnects and 1/4 swivel nuts for your gas and beer lines, you can just put a couple of 1/4 mfl tailpieces on your sankey and then switch your lines back and forth between the homebrew and sankey easily. 1/4 MFL Tailpiece

If you get threaded disconnects and 1/4 swivel nuts for your gas and beer lines, you can just put a couple of 1/4 mfl tailpieces on your sankey and then switch your lines back and forth between the homebrew and sankey easily. 1/4 MFL Tailpiece

+1; That's what I have in my setup- Just remember teflon tape on your gas connections when you switch.

Once you start brewing more, the sankey will go away- at least for me it pretty much did. I can only fit a sixtel in my Sanyo- 20-30 for a GOOD homebrew, or like 60+ for a good microbrew... hmmm...

Back