What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jperry said:
Alesmith IPA

How is it? So far the Nut Brown Ale and Speedway Stout have been fantastic, but with very little heirs with their simple labels and limited distribution. I've been curious about their IPA.

iambeer said:
image-2438266411.jpg

I can't place it, but there's something about your last picture that I liked more.

I just got my pound of Citra in a couple days ago so I am stoked to use them in something. I've only heard bits and pieces about mash hopping. What does it do for the beer?

Right now I am celebrating the fact that I'm not going to jail.

I haven't done it yet, but I read something about the oils/resins binding to proteins and lending a more flavorful bitterness. I wanna try and see.

Last I read up on that,is it just wastes them, John Palmer as well as a few other better known brewers seem to agree after watching a podcast discussion on brewing myths.

Thanks for pooping on my parade man. :mug:

I would have to think it would do at least a little in terms of flavor. Cant say for myself,Ive never done it though. I do like FWH so far.

That's what I'm thinking too. Or at least hoping. I'm doing the mash hop in addition to the FW. The rest are late and knockout additions.

It's an elusive beer. Check out skeezer's clone here, that's pretty much what I'm brewing with an added mash hop addition and a bit more late hopping. I bought a few lbs of citra, so I figured I should do something good with some of 'em.

View attachment 92276
This is a really nice pale ale. Lots of hops flavor and a lingering dry bitterness. Aroma's nice too, nice amount of dry hopping in this one. :mug:

Weird,this is a local beer here. Glad you like it. I like it as well, they have a Hopipotimus Rye coming out again,its pretty good. As well as the farmer brown. I think the best beer we have around which is actually across the river in Illinois is a Bent River- Uncommon stout-its a coffee beer but its like the best coffee I ever had but In a beer.It smells better than every fresh roasted coffee Ive had.:mug:

I haven't done it yet, but I read something about the oils/resins binding to proteins and lending a more flavorful bitterness. I wanna try and see.

Thanks for pooping on my parade man. :mug:

That's what I'm thinking too. Or at least hoping. I'm doing the mash hop in addition to the FW. The rest are late and knockout additions.

Sorry dude,not trying to bring ya down.Just what Ive seen about mash hopping latley. You know though,the more the better sometimes-so any and which way may end up making a difference. Mash hop ,fwh,60 min,hopburst,whirlpool,dry hop,keg hop..the more the merrier?! Its not a waste if you can afford them-its still there in your beer,to what degree? maybe thats science or something.

Just finished the first bottle of my first AG brew, a home-malt, homegrown hops weizen.

It was a decent weizen. Better than I expected...first AG + homemade malt...wasn't so sure if this was a good idea...but the proof was in the drinking, and the drinking was AWESOME.

Cheers!

smuttynose big beer series saison.. its almost a sour taste up front, but not in a terrible way judt not expected... i think i may be a bit to piccled to care what the next few taste like.. starting to feel amazing now and i gott drink over a triple.
Edit: the more i drink this the more- fruity/ winey??? it gets... there some good spiciness... quite quaffable in all honesty

By Thor! I will need more of this. Mesquite smoked porter brewed to 10% abv and aged for 10 months in their own bourbon barrels. I get a tiny bit of a smokey BBQ aroma paired with a nice dark roast. Flavor is chocolate, plenty of vanilla, oaky toast, and a nice bourbon character that isn't overwhelming. Kinda does give a "marshmallowy" flavor.

image-4041926849.jpg

Kinda more an amber than a strong ale,and I think I like their bitter better. Its definutsly maltier and stronger and redder but.... but,its definutly 6percenter. Maybe its just not the Strong ales that im use to having.

broadside.jpg

TNGabe said:
What awful place do you live where TN is a good state to buy beer in?

Pretty sure I've seen it on draft here. I know I've seen Pranqster so I'm guessing you can get Old Raspy here, too.

I live on the outskirts of Tulsa, Oklahoma. Used to live east of Nashville, several years ago. My wife has family that still lives there. Unfortunately, Oklahoma doesn't have a lot of good beer, unless you order it from somewhere, or brew it.

The last of my Cali Common. Makes Anchor Steam seem like dirty sock water. Most of the hops have faded, but there is an amazing toasty flavor and aroma now. Gonna have to make this one again next.

ForumRunner_20130104_204105.jpg

JesperX said:
By Thor! I will need more of this. Mesquite smoked porter brewed to 10% abv and aged for 10 months in their own bourbon barrels. I get a tiny bit of a smokey BBQ aroma paired with a nice dark roast. Flavor is chocolate, plenty of vanilla, oaky toast, and a nice bourbon character that isn't overwhelming. Kinda does give a "marshmallowy" flavor.

Been looking for that one. Haven't seen it yet. I want that one badly. The last one was really bubblegummy and smelled sour but good neither-the-less

Just had Anchorage's Tide & its Takers brett tripel with the wifes seared sea scallops for dinner, really great. Now sipping on an oatmeal stout off the kegerator. Happy friday all!

wojjow said:
How are they? I've come across a few of their other brews and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Oh yea and I'm enjoying a Revolution Very Mad Cow. It's their mad cow milk stout aged in bourbon barrels. Good stuff

DisturbdChemist said:
Been looking for that one. Haven't seen it yet. I want that one badly. The last one was really bubblegummy and smelled sour but good neither-the-less

They've got plenty of 4 and some 3 tonight. I can try and grab one for ya next time I go.

I've only had the 2 but it was also very good.

Had one of my homebrewed iipas followed by a Cali common and now another iipa. Feeling great since I skipped dinner. My wife says the iipa smells like lavender and tastes like flowers and I'm a bit offended... Columbus, Simcoe, and Cascade are nothing like lavender!

Irish red I brewed for SWMBO. She ain't drinking it so I might as well. :) I'm still leaving the bulk of it to her. I just have one every now and then when I notice it's not being utilized to its fullest potential.

20130104_235100.jpg

Latest posts

Back