Favorite east coast beers / breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love Flying Fish. How can you not. Atlantic Lager and Hefeweizen (which I can't bloody find anywhere) are the best.

ReverseApacheMaster said:
DFH - beers are either way, way too sweet or just lacked great flavor. I recently tried red and blue, thinking maybe tart fruit would help balance it out. It was sweeter than Kool Aid. It made the Lindeman's fruit beers seem balanced.

Victory beers all taste horrendous. I don't know why but they all taste like dirty swamp water. Golden Monkey could not go down the drain fast enough.

Nonsense.

I am not a fan of some of the abnormal dfh offerings, but hey, they are thinking outside of the box.

I do however love myself some Victory... Their brewpub exclusives are better than the beers they distribute. Any one have any of their Ranch IIPAs? Delicious.

- Stoudt - imperial outmeal is my favorite of the genre
- Swamphead - good florida brewery, good IPA's
- Cigar City - right now have to say is the best in FL

- Micro/ BrewPub
- Green Room Jacksonville - great beers and you can go and see exactly where it was made
- the shipyard emporium (winter park, FL) when Ron was there, soon to be replaced by cask & larder his new project.

lets see

DFH
weyerbacher
flying dog
troegs (local)
victory
southern tier
ithica
ABC (local)
there are a slu i am missing but thats a short list. i don have favorites i like them all in there own way each one brings something special with there beers

http://hopville.com/recipe/1619626/belgian-tripel-recipes/tripel-horse-clone

This is my first stab at the recipe. I e-mailed the brewery and got the ingredients, but no percentages or target numbers. I think I'm pretty close, but I won't be brewing this til next month.

Hey Cid, thanks, I have been looking for some time now. I'm not that advanced in coming up with my own recipes. All I ever used so far, are recipes from here and the net. Love to hear how your recipe turns out. :mug:

Triple Horse, YES!!!!!!!!!!! Also love Hop Hazard, Hop-A-Lot-Amus, and their Belgian Freeze seasonal.

Ohhh I agree with ya on these choices! Another "NEW" brewery in S. Jersery is Point Pleasent Brewing. So far I tasted Beach Haus, and Winter Rental, Pretty good. I think they are working on more brews at this point.:mug:

The Shed in Stowe vt.

The Shed in Stowe closed almost 2 years ago. They are now brewing out of Otter Creek Brewery in Middlebury, which unfortunately means that most of their bottled beer is just as undrinkable as everything else that comes out of OC.

The Shed in Stowe closed almost 2 years ago. They are now brewing out of Otter Creek Brewery in Middlebury, which unfortunately means that most of their bottled beer is just as undrinkable as everything else that comes out of OC.

I had an IPA from "The Shed" a few months ago that I really enjoyed. I never had it when The Shed was actually open so I don't know how it would compare to the original.

if you make it to N.C., stop by Devils Backbone in VA, and then come on down to Durham, N.C. to Fullsteam. there are several other breweries near both.

Back