Films You Watch when Drunk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McBrewskie

Reaction score
Well I will get us started. For me it's usually westerns. For example, I am watching the True Grit remake right now:drunk:. So for me either a great western like The Wild Bunch or No Country for Old Men, or one of the Alien films. Either Alien, Aliens, or Alien 3 as the rest suck. So I will update each time I drink a few beers, but I expect you jackaloons to add to this.

Sounds like you'd like Cowboys and Aliens. :D
I rarely watch movies drunk, but I'd probably pee myself if I watched the IT Crowd drunk.

Lebowski. and f*ckin' Star Wars. Don't judge me.

And no I don't drink caucasians. They're f*ckin gross. Rum's gross, cream's gross. Beam and beer godammitt!

Comon now, your name is lawrence taylor, or do you play him in the game?

Turns out you can get one on amazon for about 45 smackers. Pretty cool....I might get one

Great idea for a thread.

Nowadays, it hardly ever happens. But back in the day (pre-wife and kids) we would come home after closing the bars (4am in Albany County) and pop in Caddyshack on Laser Disc (yup, I'm old).

The running joke was that in all the times we started that movie, none of us could remember anything after "I like you Betty. It's Danny sir."

Good times.

Strange Brew all the way. A bizarre cult movie about Canadians, hockey, and beer? Hard to get any better of a drunk movie than that.

The 13th Warrior, Star Trek (movie or series), or a stand-up comedy show (Ron White, Dennis Leary, etc...)
Regards, GF.

Where the Buffalo Roam with Bill Murray, great drunk movie. My buddies and I wore a vhs out in the mid 80's while in the Army watching this movie on Friday and Saturday nights.

Barry

gratus fermentatio said:
The 13th Warrior, Star Trek (movie or series), or a stand-up comedy show (Ron White, Dennis Leary, etc...)
Regards, GF.

Second on the 13th Warrior - great movie.

Ron White has one of my favorite lines of all time. He was telling a story about getting drunk and thrown out of a bar and he said: "I don't know how many bouncers it was gonna take to kick my ass, but I knew how many they were gonna use."

Comedy.

And no I don't drink caucasians. They're f*ckin gross. Rum's gross, cream's gross. Beam and beer godammitt!

A caucasian has vodka in it man. Have some respect for the beverage here.

If I'm drunk (read: well past buzzed) I rarely watch movies. The last one I watched drunk was Taken starring Liam Neeson.

the_bird said:
"BeerFest."

If I'm honest, it's kind of a ****ty movie when sober. When drinking, it's outstanding.

I love beerfest! Always makes me thirsty for beer if not drinking one.

No way is there an 8 bit nes that still works.

All of them! You just aren't blowing hard enough.

I play Battlefield 3, Tropico 3/4, or Civilization in order from least drunk to most drunk.

Movies have to be cheesy, and cannot be something I have seen or I will ruin it for my company by quoting as much as possible.

Everything Wes Anderson?! Squirrely weirdo makes the best movies.

Slap shot is a good drunk movie! The Hanson brothers are insane!

Quality selection. Baseball season and beer for me equals Major League.

No judging, your choices and as such you are awesome.

I may watch Clerks... But I mostly play Super Tecmo Bowl or Super Mario Bros 3 on my NES.

Wow, I hand to hang out with this guy. Clerks and Tecmo Bowl. Your team on Tecmo Bowl?

Zombieland! Paired with an IPA!

Quality selection, pure quality.

I don't usually watch movies when I'm drunk but my roommates always tell me that I watch Doctor Who for hours when I'm blackout wasted :drunk:

Good choice! Which doctor is your favorite?

I've only watched the revival of the series. I like them all, they all are just crazy ADD lunatic geniuses. My favorite season was Season 3 with the Master. Maybe David Tennant just because he can show show anger and sadness compared to Matt Smith who just always looks like a happy curious child. One of my favorite episodes to watch when I'm trashed is the family of blood episode. There's something very cool about how cold the doctor is when he punishes the family

I have TWO original NES systems that work! So there, lol.

I usually just camp in front of the computer and end up in the weirder parts of youtube.

Back