Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... and, the Pats have solidified the offensive line by re-signing Matt Light. He ain't a dominant player, but he usually does a pretty good job at keeping Brady's jersey clean. Should let the first-rounder, Nick Solder, transition into the job more slowly, rather than being thrown in there immediately.

Now, if they can sign Mankins to an extension...

One thing at a time. Mankins signed his tender and is in camp, apparently a happy camper for now. That's good enough for me.

I am still wondering if there is any more DL or LB help coming

Mankins is also costing $10M of the cap on his current tender. Figure that a long-term deal would bring that number down considerably... which would then make the acquisition of more help at the OLB spot easier.

I don't know. Who's going to call him mid-season? Any GOOD team is going to be scared ****less of adding him to the mix right before going into the playoffs. If the Pats or the JETS are 9-3, are they really going to risk bringing him into the locker room? And, any bad team, isn't going to want to bother (and he's not going to want to go there, anyway).

So, maybe New England or the JETS, if there's a major injury to one of the starting wideouts. Otherwise, I don't see any other team taking the gamble, not after the Minny and Tennessee disasters.

It's also a lot harder for any football player to get added to the mix later in the season, without knowing the plays or having any chemistry with the QB. It ain't the same as adding a guy late in the basketball season. Hell, even Vincent Jackson, a helluva good receiver, had a hard time getting integrated back into San Diego after being out ~10 games, and that wasn't even trying to integrate into a new system or anything.

Never say never, but I'd place the odds on Favre attempting a return as greater than those of Randy Moss. I know that doesn't really cut down the odds much, but I'd say the odds of Moss playing again are ~25%.

Can you imagine though, Ocho, Moss, Branch, Welker, and then this young kid Price coming along as a receiver core?

I think they would just disect defenses.

They won't now, though. It's one thing for Moss to fit in alongside guys like Wes Welker and Deion Branch, but OchoCinco? I can't see that ending well. That's a chemistry experiment I'm not sure I'd gamble on.

But, if OchoCinco were to go down with an injury? Sure, you'd take the chance.

I'd also like to see what some of the younger guys have to offer. Hoping that Edelman can take a step up this year, and we get something out of either Tate or Taylor Price. Those three players are fighting for two roster spots, maybe one roster spot (since you can almost throw my boy Aaron Hernandez in that group as well). There's going to be a roster crunch already. Given that Welker's a free agent soon and that all three of the top guys are getting a little... well, long in the tooth, you'd really like to see a couple of these players emerge. Like to at least see what the three pups do in the preseason.

EDIT: Roster spots are going to be at a premium, especially if they bring back Crumpler (as has been rumored, once he's healthy) and if they want to keep Kevin Faulk around. Between the three vets and Hernandez, you've already got four very good wideouts - and Gronk can catch the ball down the middle as well. I'm not sure Moss, for all his talent, really fills a need at this point.

I am already sick of the "OH MY GOD!! Did you hear what Rex Ryan said!?!?" BS in the media. Pats/Jets is not Sox/Yankees and the freakin media isn't gonna make it that.

Does Rex have a big mouth? Sure.

But honestly... I have zero problem with about 98% of what he says.

"I'm not going to go up there and kiss Belichick's rings". Everyone FREAKED. WTF did you want him to say?? "yeah, they intimidate the $&@€ outta me!". Seriously?? Hey, the guy could have said nothing but I don't see the problem with him basically saying that his team, nor he, was going to be intimidated and they were coming to play. Hell.. Even saying you're not going to be intimidated is a bit of a compliment.

Yeah, as far as Ocho and Moss being in the same locker room you wonder. But if he did it with TO and Moss did it with Carter, anything could work. ;)

From what I have read, the team is very high on Price and I think they are bringing along Edelman as the eventual 'replacement' for Welker. I think Tate may be the odd many out although I might take his return game over Edelman's.

Wow, what awesome problems to have from the the Pats perspective. ;)

I have to agree, I like Rex Ryan. I think he brings something to the NFL that the league needs. The players love him and the fact that he has taken (at least on paper) underdogs to the AFC championship game 2 years in a row says something.

Yeeeeah.... I never said I LIKED him. I mean, I'm not a moron. All I said was that i am not offended by a lot of what he says... While the media makes it out like he just slapped Belichick's daughter with his junk.

Yeeeeah.... I never said I LIKED him. I mean, I'm not a moron. All I said was that i am not offended by a lot of what he says... While the media makes it out like he just slapped Belichick's daughter with his junk.

Or most likely sucked her toes.

although we (new england) just picked up a couple of misfits, we have a fair record of setting them straight and keeping them focused on whats important: playing good football. all im hoping is that thats what we do this year. im ready for some football!

That would be because they're the dominant team of this century. Who would you like to talk about, Tampa? Detroit? Houston?

I'm not disputing that and being that I'm a Vikings fan (go ahead and laugh) I don't have a whole lot to add to the conversation, at least not anything positive at this point. But I will say that Tampa played pretty well last year, Detroit is up and coming and should compete for a wild card spot pretty late into the year, and Houston, if they can stop anybody from passing the football, should be a pretty good team as well. Phins suck by the way, they'd have to play in the NFC West to have a chance in hell.:D

Well, yeah. There are other teams that might win some games here and there. When they're not playing New England, that is.

I cannot express how stoked I am about this coming season. From all accounts, Haynesworth is saying and doing all the right things, and that defensive front just looks absolutely monstrous with Wilfork and Mayo and Spikes. That was a young defense that got exposed last year because of its youth - this year, they should be nasty.

xsists said:
I heard the Packers already have their bags packed for Indianapolis.. Just sayin..

Yeah, they play the colts on the 26th in a preseason game. Going back on feb 5th is another matter.

Oh hey, the Dolphins just solved their QB problems. They've signed New England (and Jets) washout Kevin O'Connell, who I always get confused with Kevin O'Connor.

How you like THEM sloppy seconds, Miami?

I am already sick of the "OH MY GOD!! Did you hear what Rex Ryan said!?!?" BS in the media. Pats/Jets is not Sox/Yankees and the freakin media isn't gonna make it that.

I'm surprised to read that. I disagree and totally look at it like Sox/Yankees.
I'm a Jets fan that hates the Patriots.
All of my Jets fan friends feel the same.
As a displaced fan in Michigan (and a Spartans fan), I hate the Pats even more with Brady (U of M grad) at the helm.

For the record, I hate both the Sawks and Yankees.

I heard the Packers already have their bags packed for Indianapolis.. Just sayin..

mine are too:D and for NOLA in 2013.....

haven't you heard that retro is hip...back to the sixties and such when the PACKERS won 3 NFL titles in a row....

just hoping:)......

I'm surprised to read that. I disagree and totally look at it like Sox/Yankees.
I'm a Jets fan that hates the Patriots.
All of my Jets fan friends feel the same.
As a displaced fan in Michigan (and a Spartans fan), I hate the Pats even more with Brady (U of M grad) at the helm.

For the record, I hate both the Sawks and Yankees.

Yeah... No one cares. That's the thing.

Starting to feel better about my Niners. I'm thinking we can win our ****ty division.

Uhh... really?

Must I remind you?

Alex_Smith.jpg

With that guy?!?!

Back