Adapter for hot and cold water line to one hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skydog4884

Reaction score
I have a utility sink with extra washer hot and cold water lines. It works well for cleaning but I have to use two different hoses if I want cold or if I want hot. I am looking for a Y that has two female and one male output. I have seen one a long time ago just dont know if they still make them. All i can find is 1 female to two male so you can go from one spigot to two hoses. Thanks

Just grab a couple hose end repair kits and a cheap 10' hose...

Make a couple female to females about a foot long, and the 8' would become male to male..
Then your standard garden Y....

they def still exist. i got one from lowes last year. forget if it was in plumbing or not, but i'd start there and ask a guy for help, if you can find one. i put a little bearing lube on it though cause i've had them rust onto the faucets before. never seize would work too. or some keg silicone if you have that, even. (probably not necessary though at all)

I bought one at home depot just a couple weeks ago. It was right with the hoses for washing machines, sinks, toilets, etc.

Now I can finally wash cars and brewing equipment with warm water in cold weather... (just in time for the weather to warm up)

thanks so much guys. I had read the first post and decided i was going to do that and went to the last hardware store we have in town. Decided to ask him what i had in mind and he took me straight to washer machine accessories. wow.. i feel stupid. i was looking in garden hoses the whole time. thanks guys. I have already used it. it helps a lot. now i dont burn my hands the whole time

Back