Where to buy brett cultures?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
East coast yeast is probably the only other supplier for bugs for homebrewers.

Where can I buy ECY besides Princeton homebrew which is out my backyard but never carries them?

I thought Ive seen articles talking about some online store selling pure cultures of different microflora

Ever think about using wild brett? I see little pellicles pop up every time I forget to clean up a spill. It has happened at the past three places I have lived, which to me says that brett is absolutely everywhere.

I had wild brett get into a dry stout I made once. We drank it before it changed the flavor profile at all, but it was kinda neat...I have a habit of never finishing the last sip of my beer. Every time I left a glass out, a pellicle would form. Sometimes in a matter of minutes. You could see the surface of the beer start to lace together. I kind of wish I had saved some to try brewing with.

I picked up some ECY at princeton homebrew a few months back. they are the only place that carries it, its just a matter of stopping in at the right time.

I picked up some ECY at princeton homebrew a few months back. they are the only place that carries it, its just a matter of stopping in at the right time.

Love2Brew also carries it, and now Barry's Homebrew in Philly does as well. Al came to to our club meeting at Barry's and brought ~50 vials to sell. I think ~40 were sold that night.

Love2Brew also carries it, and now Barry's Homebrew in Philly does as well. Al came to to our club meeting at Barry's and brought ~50 vials to sell. I think ~40 were sold that night.

thats good news. picking them up in philly is more convient for me when they are available.

nberk said:
Any reason why? You could also harvest some dregs from a beer with Brett in it like Orval.

Can't get through a sour bottle. BKyeast, one of my favorite blogs, is shipping out a couple of interesting brett cultures next week. Just need to culture/find some pedio/lacto and add some US-05.

Back