Dry hop Tangerine peel in secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonianBrewer

Reaction score
I have a Pale Ale (experimental) and i wanted to add Brewers Best Tangerine Peel to the secondary. Is this a good idea? how should i prep them? how long should i let them stay in the carboy ? thank you !!! :ban: any suggestion is welcome

I would put the peel in vodka and let it soak overnight. Then dump the peels and vodka right into primary. No need to rack this to secondary IMO. You can keep it in there for as long as you want. 3 to 7 days should be good.

When you peel them make sure the peel doesn't have the white pith.

i boiled them for 5 min in 2 cups of water and let them chill to around 80 and popped them in the fermenter (water & pieces) i will let you know how it works out ..... i did this before i saw your reply , i will try you way with the orange peels in my belgian blonde

I put them in primary/secondary all the time without issue, no vodka, no sanitizer. You can even take the vodka tincture one step further and soak lots of peel for a few weeks and then just add the vodka.

I'm adding zest to to my saison this week at flameout then a week before bottling

Back