Jockey box lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaps10

Reaction score
My brother in law is getting married this weekend. As his wedding gift I brewed 60 gallons of 4 different brews.
I built this Jockey box yesterday, but am questioning what size hose to use. I have plenty of all the sizes of hose. I was planning on running all 3/16 beer hose, but now am wondering if I should run 1/4 after the cold plate

image-2302328653.jpg

I ran 3/16 line, but I need to bump up the pressure quite a bit in order to serve at a decent flow rate (20 psi or so). 1/4 might work better. I think the cold plate introduces a lot of flow restriction...

Do you have any foaming issues? I assumed the chill plate is 1/4" tubing, so I didn't know of I'd get foaming going from 3/16 to 1/4 then bak to 3/16.

Well, I ran 7' 3/16 lines to my cold plate, then 12" 3/16 lines to my taps. With my reg at 16psi we had perfect pours all night. 45 gallons of homebrew in 3.5 hrs.

Back