Auberins PID

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDWHAHB

Reaction score
Which auberins controller do you all recommend for a UDS? They have a 10 & a 20 cfm model. I'm not worried about price differences, but don't want an under or over sized blower.

If they list one that is recommended for the 22.5" WSM use that one. The dimensions are almost the same. When I was looking a while ago I think I remember 5cfm being enough but I can't remember for sure now.

Thanks. They list a 6.5CFM for the WSM (no size mentioned) and a 10 CFM for the WSM if you want temps above 300 deg. So the 10 should do the trick no problem.

FYI:

The 20CFM was way too big. It would blow all the hot air out lowering the temp and entering a positive feedback loop. I built an aluminum orifice plate on for the air intake. That throttled it down and it worked great. I'm guessing the 5 CFM you mentioned would be great.

Also Auber sucks. The controller craps out below 20 deg F and throws an error. They don't list the environmental specs on the website. It is really BS because 20F isn't that cold. No offer from them to take it back or make it right. I abandoned the controller the first time I tried to use it because of this. The second time I had to put it in a heat blanket.

Also Auber sucks. The controller craps out below 20 deg F and throws an error. They don't list the environmental specs on the website. It is really BS because 20F isn't that cold. No offer from them to take it back or make it right. I abandoned the controller the first time I tried to use it because of this. The second time I had to put it in a heat blanket.

That sucks. I was seriously considering one but now probably won't. It wouldn't be that much of a problem around here but with my luck it would be cold as hell the night before I wanted to do something.

That is probably an easy fix, but still unexcusable.

Agreed. At this point he has offered to take it back. I believe I am keeping it, so I have no right to tear it a new one. However, I will say: don't buy Aubern if you want an out of the box working solution. Hoping to use it again this weekend.

Back