How much beer do you drink daily?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was in the middle east with the air force we had idiots drinking mouth wash and making jailhouse houch to get drunk. I always had the swmbo send be booze in the mail

I have a few a couple weeknights per week with a bunch on Friday and Saturday nights... if that makes sense. Ever since I got my kegerator for my birthday last year I've had a lot more nights where I lose count. The kegerator also helps hide the evidence (bottles) from my wife as to how many I've had, haha. I also drink lighter beers during the week or keep a lighter beer on tap and get good stuff on weekends.

One of my old friends said that when he was at Ft. Leonard Wood (Army basic?) some guys drank mouthwash as a way to get drunk. I don't need a buzz that badly.

While in Bosnia in '95 a buddys wife used to fill a Listerine bottle with vodka and a little blue food coloring. Customs never knew the difference and we had a ton of fun :tank:

HoosierDaddyBrew said:
While in Bosnia in '95 a buddys wife used to fill a Listerine bottle with vodka and a little blue food coloring. Customs never knew the difference and we had a ton of fun :tank:

My wife did the same thing when I was in the dessert only she used green food coloring and I never got caught

Drink one a day at suppertime. This will expand to 2 if I'm working in the garage or mowing lawn. I'm having 2 tonite because SWMBO spilled the first one. Retired Liquor Store owner.

1 or 2. Sometimes 3 or 4. I've been known to drink 10 or 12, but some days I dont have any.

petey_c said:
One of my old friends said that when he was at Ft. Leonard Wood (Army basic?) some guys drank mouthwash as a way to get drunk. I don't need a buzz that badly.

When I was a kid it was illegal to sell alcohol here before noon on Sundays and a couple townies used to do that. Cough syrup, also. Nasty.

On topic, I usually drink 1-3 a night.

Still not drinking with any regularity. Have the odd one every once in a while, and went on two pretty good pub crawls while I was recently in London. So far, it is paying off though. Down sixty-five pounds since January and have about fifty-five to go.

Have a full case of my barleywine waiting for me when I am done. Tried one of them a couple of months back and the thought is making me salivate just a little bit. :)

Before I started home brewing I'd have 1-5 on Friday and Saturday nights after work. Nothing during the week. Well, perhaps once a month I'd have a beer or 2 on a random night of the week.

Once I started homebrewing....2-4 a night with the occasional night where I would 'forget' to have a few.

My first batch ever is almost gone though so I'm not sure what it will be once its done. It's gonna be a week or 2 before my 2nd batch is ready.

This should be a poll with the same question where you give two answers, one for week nights and one for weekends.

I probably average 1 a day.

The 2-3 (session beers) at a family party or if I'm working outside makes up for the days I have none.

I don't drink a lot, so I figure I'll have a big stash of bottles in a few years!

Guys I know had liquor shipped to them in Listerine or Scope bottles. Add the appropriate food coloring for vodka or gin. Blue food coloring and a clean windex bottle. Just make sure you grab the right one to spritz in your mouth. No beer today, I'm starting my mid shift.

Six on work nights, Twelve on the weekends. But I am 23 with NWMBO, and the twelve is usually started around 3 P.M. and ended around 2.

I drink a pretty decent amount. Maybe a case a week + or - . Sounds like a lot, but its about 3-4 beers a night. Not talking malt liquor (thats another thread) just homebrew. 4.5% - 5.5% ABV.

But the way I look at it is this. I get to work on time, don't miss or leave early because of drinking the night before. I don't beat/abuse the wife and kids. I don't start fights and my wife knows exactly where I am when I am drinking..... so I don't see a problem.

A problem is feeling its a necessity to keep a 30 pack of 16oz Old Mil Best in the fridge at all times or else you will break into a cold sweat.

No hard liquor at home, just homebrew and the occasional craft beer purchase when the supply is low.

I've toned it down a notch since I became a dad. Weekdays zero to two tops. Fridays or Saturdays 0-6 and usually none on Sundays unless its football season.

Hmmm..... weeknights, 2-5. Weekends, 5 to ???:drunk: Sundays I try to resist, but usually have 1 or 2 at night.

Trying to cut back on the drinking, mostly because I'd like to lose 10 lbs but its impossible when I drink at least 1k in calories a day. Currently cut back because I may have been a weee to drunk at the 1pm sox game on Thursday. (Did make it to work at 8am the next day though)

Softball season is coming to a close, so that should cut back on about 10 bud lights per week. (I have no shame in mixing BMC to all that I drink)

Yearly physical next week. Doctor will love to hear this. He always scolds me on such things.

I only got through 4 pages of reading but I'm very surprised at how many people on here drink "responsibly", which constitutes as one or two pints a night. Reading how much beer is made on this website, I figured most of the people on here drank a six pack a night lol. In my experience, I tend to go a few nights during the week without anything, and then I usually have one on Thursday night. Friday and Saturday nights, if I'm out or at a friend's, I tend to drink much more. If it's just me and my wife, I have probably 3-4 a night on the weekends. I've learned that going to the gym consistently to try and bulk up coupled with drinking on a daily or almost-daily basis is counter-productive :), so I try to limit my alcohol intake. Back in college, though, that was a different story.

I'd say 2 or 3 12 oz glasses a night.

BTW, what kind of pint are you talking about- british/imperial or the us pint?

Guys I know had liquor shipped to them in Listerine or Scope bottles. Add the appropriate food coloring for vodka or gin. Blue food coloring and a clean windex bottle. Just make sure you grab the right one to spritz in your mouth. No beer today, I'm starting my mid shift.

The only thing good about mids is you can have a pint of porter with your bacon and eggs for breakfast.... when you get home!

Seriously it is an orgasmic combination.

All over the map, but it will definitely go up as I get further into this hobby. Which means I better take up running again to counter balance.

I find myself bottling 22oz and drinking two at a time. Three or four on the weekend days, or more if I have a distraction I am into on TV. But I will say most days I don't drink a drop and sometimes ill just have one commerical 12 oz or pint with dinner/lunch. In the end its zero beers on a bad week (lots of work), 6 to 12 (counted as 12 oz) on a good week, 12 to 18 on a great week, and 18 to 48 on a vacation week.

Bubba said:
usually 4 to 6 -12 oz a night homebrew or craft store bought.

That about my pace but I am slowing down. I really want to loose about 20lbs and mornings are getting tougher as the years go by. Why does beer have to be so damned good?!?

This thread is like reverse AA.. Makes me feel better about my consumption. Although we aren't guzzling vodka at 7am on the way to the office. Seems like homebrewers know what's up and can handle having a few every night without turning into David Hasselhof.

Usually two every other night during the week after I put my daughter to bed. Weekends... Probably about 6. Definitely increased since I started home brewing. Adding a third tapper to the keezer didn't help either. :)

The only thing good about mids is you can have a pint of porter with your bacon and eggs for breakfast.... when you get home!

Seriously it is an orgasmic combination.
You and I may feel that way, but I can just feel SWMBO's eyes burning through my head as I try to explain it to her. Plus, I've got another job to do at 10am. Come home, have one or two and pass out 'til it's time to wake up for tomorrow's shift. Only three mids this week, then off to Montauk Point to party with some friends we don't see very often, for three days.

I don't start fights and my wife knows exactly where I am when I am drinking..... so I don't see a problem.

QUOTE]

I am pretty easy going but if I am going to get uptight and in an arguement it is when I am sober because I am tense. Once I start drinking if I am not calmed down already I will be. For me drinking beer accompanies whatever other pleasurable activity I am doing be it watching TV, listening to music, cooking, whatever. It is to relax after a long day at work or a long work week. Work always comes first and I never drink and drive.

Prob about a sixer a night, sometimes just 4 bottles but a half bottle of wine with dinner. Sometimes less, but sometimes I make up for that 'less' by having a few scotches on the other nights. I have not had my own brew on tap for several months (!!!, moved), and when I did, it was difficult to keep track. Overall, life seemed better when I had my own on tap.

All of this is spread out over many hours, six or so. Not saying that that makes it any healthier, but I very rarely get out of my element inebriated.

one characters

beer.jpg

I have been drinking wine with dinner a lot on weekends, I wish it was less ABV like beer so I could drink more, well cost less too.

Back