Refreshing Summer Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twilbrew247

Reaction score
I'm about to do my first all grain brew and I'm looking for a nice refreshing low alcohol beer for the hot summer. I have an IPA in the keg right now but I doubt it will last much longer.

Any suggestions?

I just bottled a batch of partial mash Speckled Heifer from Norther Brewer. Based on the final gravity sample I tasted it promises to be a thirst-quenching, easy to drink beer. Looking forward to enjoying it after a run, yard work or lazing by the pool.

I just kegged 10 gal of 'cream of three crops' biermunchers recipe. cheap grainbill and tastes great!! its my new favorite lawn-mowing beer.

neil

Friends and I rapidly destroyed my Kolsch and California Common I made for the summer. The California Common was probably one of my favorite brews.

90% Pale Malt
5% Crystal 60
5% Crystal 80
SG up to about 1.050

1oz Northern Brewer hops at 60
.5 Cascade at 10
.5 Cascade at 5

1oz Cascade dry-hopped

1 liter starter of White Labs San Francisco Lager yeast.

Friends and I rapidly destroyed my Kolsch and California Common I made for the summer. The California Common was probably one of my favorite brews.

90% Pale Malt
5% Crystal 60
5% Crystal 80
SG up to about 1.050

1oz Northern Brewer hops at 60
.5 Cascade at 10
.5 Cascade at 5

1oz Cascade dry-hopped

1 liter starter of White Labs San Francisco Lager yeast.

Cream ale and Hefes are great when it's warm. I also really like a good Cali Common, but I only use Northern Brewer hops in mine.

+1 on the Hefeweizen! Brewed my second batch for the summer this past weekend. Hoping the first one lasts long enough!

You may want to try Yooper's Fizzy Yellow Beer.
I made it once with a few minor modifications and Wow is it good!
I would likley stay away from the Kolsch as that beer really benefits from a month or 2 of cold conditioning.
An American Wheat can be ready to drink in a couple of weeks if you keg and is a summer favorite.
Good Luck
Bull

Make a small saison w/ 3711. I just made a couple of different ones 6 weeks ago & let the temps get into the mid 80's and they are still amazingly clean & delicious to boot!

MNDan said:
Make a small saison w/ 3711. I just made a couple of different ones 6 weeks ago & let the temps get into the mid 80's and they are still amazingly clean & delicious to boot!

Awesome! That's what I ended up getting. Will be brewing next weekend since I have no LHBS, I had to order.

Back