My "fermentation chamber"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSRider

Reaction score
Slash closet. The people I bought the house from use to do canning, so they built this closet in the corner of the garage. It has very thick walls and is insulated by sawdust. The door is 3 or 4 inches thick. Since temps in the garage are between 20 and 40, I use a small space heater to maintain temps for the brew Im doing. I have plenty of room in there and can get more by moving some of my junk out. I plan on using a mini fridge with temp controller for in the summer, although the closet stays at least 20 degrees cooler than the garage, but with temps over 100 thats still to warm.

There is an ad on craigs list for a stainless steel keg cooler for 75 bucks, as soon as I sell some of my junk Im thinking this may be a great buy. What do you guys think of this.
11014a135ZZZZZZZZZ8aqff79032497b8101e.jpg

here is some pictures of my closet with a dead guy clone in primary, its been in there for a week but is still bubbling away.

1123081352.jpg

1123081352a.jpg

1123081353.jpg

1123081353a.jpg

That is a really nice cooler and all you need to do is build in a refrigeration coil and blower for an external refrigeration pack and use a controller to keep it at any temperature you would like. The problem with large items on EBAY is that shipping is outrageous. Find a chest freezer local.

That is a really nice cooler and all you need to do is build in a refrigeration coil and blower for an external refrigeration pack and use a controller to keep it at any temperature you would like. The problem with large items on EBAY is that shipping is outrageous. Find a chest freezer local.

Its here in town locally, the ad is on craigslist so I could just go pick it up. i was thinking it would be a good deal, I could put some towers on it as well.

I have a setup like that too. Sadly, the folks who lived here before put their canning storage room in the Southwest corner of the basement. Nice and cool/cold in the winter, wicked hot in the summer. Well, too hot for fermentation temps anyway. Belgians maybe...

Still, nice to have a space to myself though. I just "cleaned" mine up a bit. Drywalled, filled gaps in the stone foundation...

Back