What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncorked a bottle of the cabernet sauvignon from last year.

Holy Sh*t.
This came out good.
Xmas baskets wiill be rocking this year :)

Baskets will include:
Dry Sparking Mead
Dunkelweizen
Martian Marzen (named after one of my cats)
SnowPLOW winter stout
Cabernet SauvigSHAWN

shawn being my name heh

Icanhasxmasbasket?

Uncorked a bottle of the cabernet sauvignon from last year.

Holy Sh*t.
This came out good.
Xmas baskets wiill be rocking this year :)

Baskets will include:
Dry Sparking Mead
Dunkelweizen
Martian Marzen (named after one of my cats)
SnowPLOW winter stout
Cabernet SauvigSHAWN

shawn being my name heh

Had a Delirium Noel followed by an Orval the other night. The last of my good ones on hand besides the 8-08-08 I'm setting back Untill 2012.
The Delirium was fantastic, the ORval was good, but not was I was expecting at all from the first time I tried it. But I tried ALOT that night.

2 nights ago we drank a 08 Victory Saison. Also pretty dern good. Plan on picking up another bottle of the Noel and Saison to sit on.

A couple of Spaten Octoberfests...Later I'll will be drinking my kegged beer. I have a nice Pilsner on tap. I just kegged a Kolsch and wont be ready for a few more days...

Just cracked one of my Crystal Honey Ales (6.5%). Still slightly young and alcoholic - only 3 1/2 weeks in the bottle - but this one is coming along beautifully.

A Fat Tire clone that tastes nothing like Fat Tire, though is a great beer!
I'll probably brew this again, but won't call it a Fat Tire clone.

TeleTwanger, I'm downin a few HopDevils myself. Opened the first bottle of my Christmas Ale tonight too- 4 weeks in the bottle and coming along nicely. Had it with a turkey dinner and it paired very well.

TeleTwanger, I'm downin a few HopDevils myself. Opened the first bottle of my Christmas Ale tonight too- 4 weeks in the bottle and coming along nicely. Had it with a turkey dinner and it paired very well.

Love the HD! As for this Endo IPA fom Carolina it's pretty good....Cascades and decent malt from what tastes like a dark munich or victory.

First full drinking night of my American Ale. Little more tart then I wanted but still pretty good. Not as "refreshing" as I had wanted.

Met up with some homebrewers at the Dig Pub. I had a cask version of Real Ale Full Moon Pale Rye which seems to have been dry hopped with centennial, making it very different from the original. (512) Wit, (512) Pecan Porter, and a Real Ale Real Heavy (Wee Heavy) to finish up. At home cracked a 2008 Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale while I prepare a starter for Monday night's batch.

The (512) Wit is getting dialed in. It needs a little tweaking still, I thought the coriander and grapefruit flavors weren't quite balanced yet. Still, it's miles ahead of any Wit you get in a bottle from Belgium! It's very exciting to see Pierre collaborating on yet another Wit. The pecan porter is a very nice beer. I really like this one as an example of a good porter. The nut flavor is not overpowering. The wee heavy was not my favorite.

one of the last half-a-dozen bottles of "Scottish Ale", a recipe kit from my LHBS. It would be a halfway decent english ale if it werent for the dirty tasting peated malt. Oh well, its beer, and its mine.........

I'm sippin' on St. Remy Brandy. V.S.O.P. if you must know.

Yeah, I'm high falutin'.

Bellhaven Wee Heavy...

100_1878.jpg

It's a right fat bastard of a beer....I'd rank it up there along side oaked Arrogant Bastard (without the oakiness.) It's not a smooth, mellow ale...

I like this definition from some beerblog I found while looking up info on it...

Belhaven Wee Heavy is more aggressive and unrefined than many of its brethren. It's malty, but it is neither smooth nor suave. It is a barbarian at the door.

If you're a scotch drinker, you might like Belhaven if you're the kind of person who would choose a bold and peaty Laphroig or Lagavulin over a smoother more rounded flavor, like the Macallen.

Casual beer drinkers should probably skip Belhaven Wee Heavy and go for a smoother, maltier tasting wee heavy. I think beers like McEwans Scotch Ale (or even Skullsplitter) are much more palatable to a mass market, and I think they're closer to what a lot of American craft brewers aim for when they try to do wee heavies.

However, if you're a purist (and you know who you are), you owe it to yourself to try a bottle of this unusual and very rich beer. It is very complex, but also a very authentic traditional-style wee heavy.

Give it a try.

:mug:

Stone Cali-Belgique IPA. It's kinda like a Wit crossed with an IPA. It's their IPA but fermented with a Belgian yeast. Hoppy, fruity, a little bubble gum, but very balanced. An interesting twist on a favorite.

Stone Cali-Belgique IPA. It's kinda like a Wit crossed with an IPA. It's their IPA but fermented with a Belgian yeast. Hoppy, fruity, a little bubble gum, but very balanced. An interesting twist on a favorite.

Am I understanding you correctly...it is a product by stone? Hmm I've never seen it...Have to dig one up if I can find one...

Right now I am eating ice cream and contemplating an Oaked Arrogant bastard.

Oh and before the wee heavy I had a Stone IPA with my exptremely spicy Chicken mole I made for dinner...

Am I understanding you correctly...it is a product by stone? Hmm I've never seen it...Have to dig one up if I can find one...

Right now I am eating ice cream and contemplating an Oaked Arrogant bastard.

Oh and before the wee heavy I had a Stone IPA with my exptremely spicy Chicken mole I made for dinner...

Indeed it is. I had this beer recently too and thought it was quite good. It didn't seem as hoppy as their IPA, but I wasn't focusing on the hops while drinking. It could also be that I've been drinking too much Pliny lately since they started distributing down here. :mug:

Either way, if you can find a bottle, snatch it up.

The Cali-Belgique sounds downright delicious. I may have to take a Stone clone recipe and try some alternate yeast strains, I've been wanting another IPA on tap for the cold months... Been easily 4 months since my English IPA kicked.

@Kahuna, +1 to canned beer. I love the Boddington's with the widget, it's a great creamy smooth beer. Love drinkin' it on poker nights. Saw Fat Tire at the store in cans today - Normally I would jump at it, but I just haven't been feeling Fat Tire lately... I've been in a hoppy mood lately.

Back