Who wants to test the Stouts in Portland?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stout Sampling in Jan? What works for you?

• 1st weekend in Jan?

• 2nd weekend in Jan?

• 3rd weekend in Jan?

• 4th weekend in Jan?

• 1st week in Jan? (during the week, not weekend)

• 2nd week in Jan? (during the week, not weekend)

• 3rd week in Jan? (during the week, not weekend)

• 4th week in Jan? (during the week, not weekend)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BlackenedBrew

Beer GOOOOD! Napster BAD!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had another post up here where a bunch of dudes from Portland Oregon replied. I asked a lot of noob questions, and they didn't make too much fun of me.

I know this is the wrong time of year for it, but maybe sometime in January, who wants to go hit the local joints in Portland to sample stouts? :mug: It's a great opportunity for me to learn, and you could tell the wife you're going drinking in the name of 'knowledge'! :ban:

If you're interested, toss out some dates in Jan that would work for you. I'll try my hand at starting a poll also. (this should be interesting, I've never done that)

Wednesdays do NOT work for me.

TheGAC, aka Chuck

Just adding a note in here to try and get the poll back to the front incase some Portlanders didn't see it and might be interested.

Is your plan to go from location to location trying out the local brews or have everyone pick up a Stout (or 6) of their liking and meet at somewhere?

GaryA said:
Is your plan to go from location to location trying out the local brews or have everyone pick up a Stout (or 6) of their liking and meet at somewhere?

Either one works for me... I'm totally up for suggestions from anyone. If we go from place to place we need to have one person that's relatively sober for driving.

If we do the grab a sixer, and meet somewhere, we'll have to do some coordinating to make sure no one grabs the same stuff as another.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

That's what I was wondering... I know there are more Portlanders in this forum than this. Portland is the Micro-Brew Capital of the world!

Kilted Brewer said:
I could be up for this...but right now I just have no idea what January is going to look like.

That's fair enough... we'll definitely try to keep you informed. And of course, this doesn't have to be a one time deal. I'm just trying to learn.

If January would work for you, would you rather hit up a few pubs, or everyone snag a sixer and meet somewhere? (trying to get an idea of what the crowd would like)

Just wanted to bring this back to the top and see if we get anymore volounteers.

I know I started this thread, but unfortunately gents, I'm going to have to say that January is a no-go for me.

I got engaged the Sunday before Christmas, and the little lady wants to hit every bridal show there is, and I get the pleasure of going too (UGH).

But she is being fair and saying that Febuary I can go out with the boys and have a few Stouts.

Gary, seeing as you seem to be one of the vets, would you like to set something up for next month? If not, I can gladly start a new thread. I don't know if this one is posted in the correct area of the forum or not, if not let me know where it should be please.

I hope you all had a great Christmas/Holiday and an awesome New Year.
Chuck

Me Vet!? Thats a good one, look at my join date. I just can't keep my mouth shut. :drunk:

However, I will take up the task and see what I can do.

:off: Congrats on the upcoming marriage. :mug:

And my little bit of marriage advice don't ever stop working at your relationship.

This year will be 15 years married 19 years together for the Mrs and I, not everyday was great but I wouldn't trade a single day for anything.

:off: That's what I like to hear! I know not everyday will be the best, but I can tell that we're both committed to our future (her and I).

We just booked hotel and plane tickets for Maui. We're going to get married there in October. Should be pretty sweet. :ban:

:tank: How's the home brew going?

:rockin: You have a awesome Holiday?

Back