Bottling from a perlick stye tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1KD1

Reaction score
I remember finding a thread and/or video that showed a SS piece that would fit inside the end of the perlick tap, which allowed a person to fill bottles directly from the existing tap (on the kegerator) and not having to sanitize the "picnic faucet set-up".

Can anybody recall who makes that or post a link to the thread? I would greatly appreciate it.

** edit ** I just wanted to include that I did do numerous searches and could not find anything other that the picnic tap set-up

There's also a similar product being sold on ebay and through AHS. Look for a "perlick growler filler"

You can just bottle directly from the tap with a hose - Lower your pressure to 2-3 PSI and make sure the hose is at the bottom of the bottle. Go slow - It won't foam much at all.

Then thump the bottle on the table to make it foam, and cap on the foam to eliminate the o2.

I've gone back after 6 mos to great beer bottled this way.

Not that all of the other options out there aren't great! But there are easier ways ;)

SweetSounds said:
You can just bottle directly from the tap with a hose - Lower your pressure to 2-3 PSI and make sure the hose is at the bottom of the bottle. Go slow - It won't foam much at all. ;)

Are you just using a 3/8" hose shoved inside the tap?

I just got duped on eBay. Purchased a growler filler just to find out that it won't fit a 525 perlick tap...

zachattack said:
I got this one:
[

I saw that one after making my purchase... That's why you shouldn't do your online shopping after a few home brews.

I will probably try to hose trick and the filler mentioned by Zach. Thanks again for all the replies.

Back