Anyone use the BG12 burner (bayou classic sq14) for 10 gallon batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austinb

Reaction score
I have been looking into outfitting the BG12 burner into my burner stand. It is the same burner that is used in the bayou classic SQ14 burner and stand. I was wondering if anyone uses this burner for 10 gallon batches and if so approximately how long does it take to boil? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
50,000 BTU's? Yeesh. That's kinda small. Bringing 10 gallons to boil with only 50,000 BTU's would definitely take you a while. If I were you, I'd keep looking.

I've got a 180k burner and a 210k burner for my 10 gallon batches. The 210 is a bit of overkill, but the 180 is nice.

I guess I'll have to check with the wife on the BG14...its quite the jump in price though from about $15 for the BG12 to $45 for the BG14

as has been said, it takes a while but it can be done. I have roughly 30 ten gallon batches on my sq14. That being said, I just graduated to bg14's and like them a lot better

Back