Starting home brew in north alabama .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coinhall09

Reaction score
Hey I'm about to start buying equipment to start brewing later this year , I've herd of all grain and then the liquid extract brewing , I want to start with all grain becouse it seems to be better and natural , can anyone give me a equipment list of what stuff would be the best neccacery equipment ?

I've read about mash tuns , and some people use a cooler and some use a steel kettle with spigot and thermometer can anyone tell me what would be better to start off with ?

Hey Bro, I'm a huntsville brewer. The best place to look for information is right on this website and on youtube.

As for your question, there is no right way to answer it. I started homebrewing (all grain) with an 8 gallon canner pot, one aluminum turkey fryer get-up, two buckets (one with wholes drilled through it) as a mash tun, one fermenting bucket, one better bottle (with airlocks), and my draft system (no bottling).

You can start as small as this or get as crazy as a fully automated single tier with pumps controlled by a computer program.

I recommend you do some research on youtube (search homebrew), and on here before you start buying equipment. This page will get you started.

Welcome to the obsession! :mug:

Back