Tennessee Group Grain Buy Round 3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be outta town till tuesday nite wed I think so no pickup for me. Carl will bring the yeast to the pick up.

everyone that is interested in a Barrel brew pm me with what kinda beer style you think would work. Right now I am thinking old ale, Scottish wee heavy or a wheat wine. Maybe something with some honey in it as I have a bunch of honey I got for free I need to use up.

I know we are looking at 55 gallons to brew so 10 people would be great. I think so far we are looking at a fall brew with so far 4 people in.

Is there a cookout on Friday?

Why not have a cookout. Everybody that wants to attend is welcome to come and join in. Just bring what you want me to put on my gas grill. I should have enough beer for everybody. I can't guarantee it is all good beer. Please bring some beer to share to with everyone. You will get some good honest feedback from all of us:mad:

Is there a cookout on Friday?

I was actually joking about that. No need to further impose on Bobby. I will bring some homebrew with me, my all world American Lager may just be carbed.:D

I will need to bring some kind of container for the star san splits, just haven't thought that far ahead yet.

_

I was actually joking about that. No need to further impose on Bobby. I will bring some homebrew with me, my all world American Lager may just be carbed.:D

I will need to bring some kind of container for the star san splits, just haven't thought that far ahead yet.

_

I think having a nice cookout would be good. No problems for me, unless the grain happens to arrive at time the food goes on the grill. If that does happen a couple of us can stick around and the rest of us can go and get the grain.

We don't have a whole lot of splits this time around so I shouldn't have to work too hard. We could do a brew day if we wanted to:tank:

I think that Paul is the only one splitting Star San. Everybody else is getting a gallon bottle.

Plan to bring something to put your splits in. Homer buckets will fit about a half a sack of grain.

Does anyone, except Marc, have a full size truck that can be used on Friday to help take the grain from Madison to Hendersonville?

My son has a baseball game at 10:15 on Saturday, for those planning to pick-up on Saturday. I should be home by 12.

OK guys, my 91-year-old grandfather (mom's dad) has had melanoma for a couple years, and he's pretty healthy for his age so he managed to keep it under control for a while, but the doctors are saying it's spreading now and he may not have much longer. So I'm going to be driving to Chicago this weekend and can't make it tomorrow for the splits.

I am going to shoot for 11:00 to be there. I will bring some cold beers. I have some variety from my recent trip from Chicago. Got some Goose Island that I hope someone will drink. It is the Sophie and Matilda, I guess it is good if you like Belgian styles. I know I paid enough for it:mad: Got some Three Floyds, Bells, and Founders. I may as well knock them out now. I am going to Michigan in a few weeks for the Michigan Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival
:ban: We'll re-up then!

I am going to shoot for 11:00 to be there. I will bring some cold beers. I have some variety from my recent trip from Chicago. Got some Goose Island that I hope someone will drink. It is the Sophie and Matilda, I guess it is good if you like Belgian styles. I know I paid enough for it:mad: Got some Three Floyds, Bells, and Founders. I may as well knock them out now. I am going to Michigan in a few weeks for the Michigan Brewers Guild Summer Beer Festival
:ban: We'll re-up then!

Sounds like we are in for a treat, thanks Marc. When you get here let me give you some money and you can get some Jolly Pumpkin and some Three Floyds stuff more me when you go in a couple of weeks:mug:

OK guys, my 91-year-old grandfather (mom's dad) has had melanoma for a couple years, and he's pretty healthy for his age so he managed to keep it under control for a while, but the doctors are saying it's spreading now and he may not have much longer. So I'm going to be driving to Chicago this weekend and can't make it tomorrow for the splits.

I am sorry to hear that Derek. I will hold onto your stuff while you take care of your family.

On a different note, my workout buddy didn't pick up any beer for us:mad:

Just got this in my in-box about 1 minute ago. Let me know what you guys are thinking?

Bobby,

We have ran into a little problem. You order 14 bags of CMC 2 Row but we only have 4 bags to till the order. We will have more but not till Monday, possibly Tuesday. Is there 10 bags of something else you would like. Please advise.

Trish

I think we should just have her put 10 sack of CMC pale malt on the pallet.

CMC Superior Pale Ale (2-3.5°L)
A higher color, 2-Row malt. This malt is very well modified malt is aromatic and perfect for ales of all types.

If I can't get any of the reguler 2-row, the CMC Superior Pale Ale will be fine for me. I was planning on stopping by on Friday after hitting up Rebel. Can you PM your address? Also do you think Keagen would want me to pick up his order? Thanks.

It's still 2-row just a little more color, just grab it. This is the only Friday i'll be able to come down for a while. See how I made that about myself?

_

CMC Superior Pale Ale will do for me. I like the Great Western 2-row better, but a bigger price discrepency.
Just try to make it on schedule, I am flexible!

I'm good with it (even though I didn't order any 2-row :p) But this is the only Friday that I have off as well...

Oh, yeah. Since I'll be in Chicago, anyone want me to pick up anything that's available in Illinois? Let me know and I'll see what I can do. Limit 1 six pack or 2 bombers per person. I'm not gonna go crazy looking for stuff, but Binny's usually has a decent selection.

Oh, yeah. Since I'll be in Chicago, anyone want me to pick up anything that's available in Illinois? Let me know and I'll see what I can do. Limit 1 six pack or 2 bombers per person. I'm not gonna go crazy looking for stuff, but Binny's usually has a decent selection.

What stuff is available in the area? Gumball Head? Bells Stuff? How is the pricing?

The consensus is overwhelming, hurry!!!

_

I actually sent her an e-mail telling her the Pale would be cool about 5 minutes after posting. I had to run out to swimming lessons for the son, so I knew we wouldn't be back until after 10. They are out of Great Western 2-row, so it was a no-brainer for me. This Friday was already set in motion last week, so I didn't want to push it back.

I hope to see as many of you as possible on Friday. Let's grill and drink so decent beer. I might even be able to get us a distillery tour when we go to corsair:ban:

I hope to see as many of you as possible on Friday. Let's grill and drink so decent beer. I might even be able to get us a distillery tour when we go to corsair:ban:

Sweet!! My CAP is about a week early, but it's pretty tasty with only a week of lagering and carbing. I will also bring a growler of pale ale, and maybe a growler of a Red Hook esb clone, not wild about it, but it won't kill anyone.:)

_

I will PM you a list of some Bell's stuff I would like and a couple of other items I would be interested in.

Actually, I don't know. I don't even know where I would go to research that.

Binny's has about ANYTHING you can think of. They did not have any of the Gumballhead at the 2 locations I was at in May, it could be seasonal though. They had plenty of Alpha King and Pride and Joy... Founder's; RyePA is readily available. Two Heart and Oberon from Bells. I grabbed some Big Sky; Moose Drool while I was there. Plenty of others like Great Lakes; Edmon Fitzgerald. Yeah, you name it..

http://www.binnys.com/beer/search

Anyone who wants beer, let me know by PM what kind and how much, and paypal me before noon tomorrow. I'll refund whatever I don't end up spending. Also, I'm raising the limit to 5 six packs each; use your best judgment when it comes to bombers.

I am headed to Ny so if any1 wants anything from Ny go to this site and http://cjoa.net/Jolly Farmer Online/allbeers.htm#L

their site is not too great but gives the brands they carry. send me an email as to anything anyone might be interested in and I can check for it. I am up there till monday so the sooner the better. also you guys can send me money via paypal also and I can refund the cash back. I will get an idea on prices friday nite and post on here.

Been a long time and my tastes have changed considerably since I've had a beer in New York state...

Can I get 2 cases of the Ithaca DIPA, and 2 of the Saranac IIPA?

Back